• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

don

Does anyone here have a trager grill/smoker thing? I’m tempted by the apprently idiot-proof capabilities. Have a Weber vertical drum smoker and only use it occasionally because of the hassle of loading, cleaning, etc.. wondering if the trager would be more useful.

I used to have a gas grill and miss the convenience and think a Trager would fill the gap for me.. allowing me to smoke and grill?

Not personally but talked to someone last week who had one and swears by it. Says its the easiest thing ever with the app.

Frog-in-law1995

I think what interests me the most is the temperature control option and thus more easily get to your desired temp. I can appreciate those who have that skill mastered but anytime I cook anything more than ribs the temperature issue is a battle for me and it takes the joy out of it.

Temps will fluctuate in any cooker (honestly, I think kamados and drum smokers maintain temps as well as anything, once you figure them out) but yeah, it’s nice to not have to worry about feeding a smoker firebox all day. And you’ll stay a lot cleaner using pellets.

SnoSki

Semi-related, anyone see that Chicago is floating the idea of an extra yearly tax on electric cars (I've seen $250 or $1000) because they are not getting gas tax money on them? Government will get their piece no matter what.

It’s hard enough to convince people to buy electric/hybrid.. which you think would be the opposite of what Chicago politicians would want

Boomhauer

No Miramar Beach/30A for us this year. We're headed to Siesta Key next month.

Siesta Key is great. Fine white powder sand and I’ve always liked Sarasota’s sleepy beach town vibe. Great choice.

Of course I’m biased, my grandparents retired to Sarasota many years ago and as a kid we’d always spend a week down there on vacation hitting the beach and fishing with my Grandad in the gulf. Years later after having kids of my own we always tried to bring the grandkids down once/yr to visit on vacation. Unfortunately my grandparents passed away over the last year and a half and we haven’t visited since as it just wouldn’t feel right without being able to visit with them and go fishing. But I’ve still got family there and really like that area so we’ll be back soon enough.

HFrog1999

Random Gif Friday

tenor.gif

HFrog1999

Does anyone here have a trager grill/smoker thing? I’m tempted by the apprently idiot-proof capabilities. Have a Weber vertical drum smoker and only use it occasionally because of the hassle of loading, cleaning, etc.. wondering if the trager would be more useful.

I used to have a gas grill and miss the convenience and think a Trager would fill the gap for me.. allowing me to smoke and grill?

My friend loved his pellet smoker until it caught fire

Phormer, I got my Amazon Firestick (4K) in the mail today. I like it a lot so far.

So much better than my old arse Apple TV.

Similar to my Roku but I think I like it better. It definitely has more potential/functionality (whether or not I use all that, we will see).

At only $50 though, hell of a deal.

Dang. I think the first one I bought was nearly $100. The one I put on the porch last week was only $29.

SnoSki

Took 5(!) hours just to get from our place to San Marcos today. Traffic almost the entire way and that was while utilizing Waze and toll roads. Such an absolute beating rarely seen outside of major holidays.

Atom

Love mine. Have two, cheap (?) version and a fairly new Timberline that cost a sheet load. Timberline is much better as it has thicker walls and holds heat better, wifi, app, etc.

But the cheaper version works just fine. Used it tonight actually for chicken wings that'll beat any restaurant in town.

If you get one, join a Facebook group for tips. You will need to clean it out periodically with a shop vac and change out foil on a drip tray.

Will never use gas or charcoal again.

SnoSki

After the extremely long commute yesterday we met my MIL at a burger place (hat creek) in San Marcos. Good food.

Unfortunately my baby boy (18 mo) May have broken his tibia slightly going down the slide with me. Going to my FILs urgent care this morning when it opens to confirm but my son appeared to be in pain all night and isn’t really able to stand (though he insists on trying).

As if I don’t feel bad enough about this he is acting like it’s my fault he got hurt. :(