• The KillerFrogs

TCU 4th in the Big XII in Revenue

Purp

Surprised TTU makes so little, relatively speaking. They sell a butt load of football tickets (or they have a big stadium anyway). TTU basketball plays in an arena that seats what, 14,500?
Jones Stadium (football) isn't that much larger than AGC. I bet they have fewer than 10K seats more than AGC. Their average ticket price is probably also lower due to the premium seating revenue generated in AGC.

Also, the larger capacity for basketball is useless unless they sell it out every game. I bet the average about half full for most games.

CountryFrog

Jones Stadium (football) isn't that much larger than AGC. I bet they have fewer than 10K seats more than AGC. Their average ticket price is probably also lower due to the premium seating revenue generated in AGC.

Also, the larger capacity for basketball is useless unless they sell it out every game. I bet the average about half full for most games.
I can't speak for basketball, but for all the chirping their fanbase does about attendance, I don't think they've actually been filling up their football stadium any more regularly than we have over the last few years. Possibly even LESS frequently than TCU. That place was half empty the last time we played there.

MAcFroggy

Their football stadium is over 60K. That is about 15K more than TCU.

For basketball, They averaged over 12k per game during 18-19 and almost 11k in 18-19. Overall capacity is 15K.

Purp

Their football stadium is over 60K. That is about 15K more than TCU.

For basketball, They averaged over 12k per game during 18-19 and almost 11k in 18-19. Overall capacity is 15K.
I just asked Google and they're 60,500 capacity at Jones. AGC is rated at 50,000 according to Google. So I was pretty close according to the Google machine. And Country is right that they've hardly been filling that thing up lately.

I watched enough of their basketball games this season to trust their reported 12K attendance as much as I trust TCU's 7K attendance for basketball. They aren't filling that place up; nowhere close.

MAcFroggy

I just asked Google and they're 60,500 capacity at Jones. AGC is rated at 50,000 according to Google. So I was pretty close according to the Google machine. And Country is right that they've hardly been filling that thing up lately.

According to the TCU athletic website it is 45,000.

LeagueCityFrog

KU basketball merchandise sells and to put in comparison, two tickets for seats behind the KU bench have an annual set license fee of $5000 for the pair and then the ticket costs is something around $3200. So basically $8200 bucks for two high end KU basketball seats per season.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
KU basketball merchandise sells and to put in comparison, two tickets for seats behind the KU bench have an annual set license fee of $5000 for the pair and then the ticket costs is something around $3200. So basically $8200 bucks for two high end KU basketball seats per season.
That isn’t unreasonable. I would have expected twice that amount.