• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
So disc # 3 of my Band of Brothers set is jacked, dry Kleenex, wet Kleenex, windex, lotsa compressed air blasts all no joy on 2 different machines.

Any creative other possible solutions?

SnoSki

Does anyone here have a trager grill/smoker thing? I’m tempted by the apprently idiot-proof capabilities. Have a Weber vertical drum smoker and only use it occasionally because of the hassle of loading, cleaning, etc.. wondering if the trager would be more useful.

I used to have a gas grill and miss the convenience and think a Trager would fill the gap for me.. allowing me to smoke and grill?

Frog-in-law1995

Just bought a cabinet pellet smoker. Not a Traeger, though. Cooked on it twice and really like it, but it only smokes. Already looking to dump my offset. If a Traeger has an option to grill, that’d be handy, but would it any more convenient than using charcoal briquettes on a little $25 walkabout grill?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Am I being punked or is this legit?
(Unlike frog in law “Free” offer)
Do you buy things from Amazon? Do you listen to streaming music?

If either of those is a yes, I think you would find an Amazon Prime subscription to be cost effective or even cost neutral. Free expedited shipping on most Amazon purchases and a ton of good TV/Movies and music free with that Prime subscription.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Good job Texas Legislature for not only killing red light cameras, but also killing the DPS surcharge system! It buried so many poor and working poor people under a spiral that functionally meant they could never get their licenses legal.

Can I get an Amen?

tcudoc

Good job Texas Legislature for not only killing red light cameras, but also killing the DPS surcharge system! It buried so many poor and working poor people under a spiral that functionally meant they could never get their licenses legal.

Can I get an Amen?
Can they make the toll roads go away when they are paid off like in the old days? That whole concept just pisses me off.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Can they make the toll roads go away when they are paid off like in the old days? That whole concept just pisses me off.
All kidding aside, you need to meet this lady, Terri Hall. This is her cause, and she has done a TON of influential things behind the scenes to do this very thing, and much more. In her free time, she home schools her 9 kids, camps out at the Capitol when the legislature is in session, and keeps people informed of the BS going on with toll roads. Did you know TxDOT was considering turning the old DFW Turnpike back into a toll road? She got that nipped in the bud. Her basic premise is that we pay for highways with our gasoline taxes, and should not be taxed again in tolls. Check her out.

http://www.texasturf.org/

SnoSki

Just bought a cabinet pellet smoker. Not a Traeger, though. Cooked on it twice and really like it, but it only smokes. Already looking to dump my offset. If a Traeger has an option to grill, that’d be handy, but would it any more convenient than using charcoal briquettes on a little $25 walkabout grill?
I think what interests me the most is the temperature control option and thus more easily get to your desired temp. I can appreciate those who have that skill mastered but anytime I cook anything more than ribs the temperature issue is a battle for me and it takes the joy out of it.

don

Do you buy things from Amazon? Do you listen to streaming music?

If either of those is a yes, I think you would find an Amazon Prime subscription to be cost effective or even cost neutral. Free expedited shipping on most Amazon purchases and a ton of good TV/Movies and music free with that Prime subscription.
Throw in special discounts at WholeFoods