• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Ohio State ex Baldwin’s appeal to be filed soon

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
baldwin.jpg

Ohio State ex Baldwin’s appeal to be filed soon

By Drew Davison

TCU is close to submitting an immediate eligibility waiver to the NCAA on behalf of Ohio State transfer quarterback Matthew Baldwin.

“We expect to submit it by the end of the week,” TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati told the Star-Telegram on Wednesday.

The exact nature of Baldwin’s claims for immediate eligibility is confidential.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article231203123.html#storylink=cpy

Purp

Baldwin has the best chance to start over Delton if approved.
I disagree. I don't think his chance is any better than JR and maybe less depending on JR's health. I think JR is a more multi-faceted weapon at the position than Baldwin and we know CGP loves that in a QB.

Froggish

I feel like everyone thinks a lot higher of Baldwin because he is coming from Ohio State

Baldwin is a great talent...but talent isn’t our problem. There is plenty of it in the locker room. The days of a transfer being penciled in just because he was previously at a blue blood, are long over. Our talent level is much better. At some point Sonny has to get one of those “talented” kids to play up to their talent level...That’s on Sonny..It’s big year for our OC..He could be looking for a job in the near future. Right now he’s looking like the Mack Brown of OCs..Can recruit them but can coach them

LeagueCityFrog

I was up at TCU for an alum event this spring and talked to a couple of current players that were there for spring ball 2018 too. They said the team seemed way better overall and the quality of the quarterbacks had gone up dramatically. With Sewo and Darius and a running Alex Delton, we should be good also factor in an improved offensive line with a change made at center. All Delton has to do is get the ball in Reagor and friends' hands and let them do their thing. We need the defense to continue to cause turnovers like they were at the end of last season. I think we are in for a special season. Defense is going to be really good. 5th year senior qb, and two stud senior running backs plus Reagor. I also hope the locker room attitude is way better this year than last year. I was told there were way too many divas last fall ruining the team culture.

WhatTheFrog

I was up at TCU for an alum event this spring and talked to a couple of current players that were there for spring ball 2018 too. I think we are in for a special season. Defense is going to be really good. 5th year senior qb, and two stud senior running backs plus Reagor. I also hope the locker room attitude is way better this year than last year. I was told there were way too many divas last fall ruining the team culture.
Players told you that?

baldwin's appeal is being handled by the same attorney who represented tate martell. baldwin's appeal is largely based on the same reason: coaching change. his attorney is very confident that it will be granted. ohio state is not opposing it.

you have a lot to be excited about. baldwin is better than charlie brewer in every single way. he is going to light it up.

Froggish

Every team has its share of divas but great teams balance that out with great locker room leadership. Whichever QB steps into that roll will probably get the first few starts

CountryFrog

Divas are everywhere on every football team. You're never going to have 115 guys who are all about the team all the time.

As long as the divas are also hard workers in practice and productive in games then it's all good. It can certainly be problematic, though, if your biggest divas are NOT working hard and productive.