• The KillerFrogs

Butthurt letter to the editor in the Star-Telegram from a Red Raider

Big Frog II

2rca9ht.png

If Facebook is to be trusted, Al Shields in Benbrook didn’t even attend Texas Tech.
Maybe his wife did or kids do attend. He does seems rather pale. May need to get out in the sun more.

Froginbedford

TCU people living in Houston feel for this guy. The one time a year the local NBC affiliate talks about TCU is in their annual state of Texas football preview show and you would think TCU is some mythical football giant they've once heard the elders around here speak about when they talk of these mighty Frogs. Houston Chronicle ain't much better. Aggies run this city.

I thought the Aggies ran this state....

BABYFACE

TCU people living in Houston feel for this guy. The one time a year the local NBC affiliate talks about TCU is in their annual state of Texas football preview show and you would think TCU is some mythical football giant they've once heard the elders around here speak about when they talk of these mighty Frogs. Houston Chronicle ain't much better. Aggies RUIN this city.

Fixed.

tcujsauce

TCU people living in Houston feel for this guy. The one time a year the local NBC affiliate talks about TCU is in their annual state of Texas football preview show and you would think TCU is some mythical football giant they've once heard the elders around here speak about when they talk of these mighty Frogs. Houston Chronicle ain't much better. Aggies run this city.

It's all about proximity. I wouldn't expect to hear a ton of TCU talk if I was living in Lubbock, Houston, Waco, etc. Not sure why some Red Raider t-shirt fan should expect to have a Tech beat writer on staff at a Fort Worth newspaper.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Aggies may not run the city, but they most certainly designed the freeways...

Frog-in-law1995

TCU’s football stadium is named after the man that founded the Star Telegram. There will probably always be a connection between the two. TCU is Fort Worth’s team.

Did you know the man who founded the Fort Worth Star (he bought and then merged with his more successful competitor, the Telegram) was also the driving force behind the creation of Texas Tech? He successfully lobbied the legislature to start a technical college in Lubbock and was their first chairman of the board.

Edit: Didn’t see Bedford’s post.

froginmn

Did you know the man who founded the Fort Worth Star (he bought and then merged with his more successful competitor, the Telegram) was also the driving force behind the creation of Texas Tech? He successfully lobbied the legislature to start a technical college in Lubbock and was their first chairman of the board.
Only because Froginbedford said so. .

flyfishingfrog

Easy, fellas. The guy's not wrong. If there truly was NO coverage of Tech winning its regional, that's bad on the Startle.
why? Would you say the same thing about OSU? I bet they have as many Alumni in DFW as TCU or at least enough to be represented if that is the basis. How about OU - should the Ft Worth paper start covering them? or UT, Aggy, LSU, ... just because they are near Ft Worth, have a lot of Alumni in DFW, whatever?

I see no reason for a Ft Worth paper to cover schools not in the Ft Worth area anymore than I expect them to cover the Yankees daily results in detail simply because there are a lot of NYY Fans in DFW.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
And Carter was also a driving force in the establishment of Texas Technological College....
https://www.ttu.edu/traditions/seal.php

Texas Tech Seal
SEAL.jpg

Designed by the campus' master planner, William Ward Watkin, in 1924, the Tech Seal's symbols are the lamp, which represents "school," the key for "home," the book for "church," and the star for "state." Cotton bolls represent the area's strong cotton industry and the eagle is suggestive of our country. The seal first appeared on Tech diplomas in 1948, but it wasn't officially approved as "The" Seal of Texas Tech University until 1953. On April 27, 1972, the seal was placed at the Broadway and University entrance to the campus in what became known as the Amon G. Carter Plaza. It is made of red granite and stands 12 feet high. It has been referred to by students through the years as "the Oreo."