• The KillerFrogs

Next in the transportal...

AroundWorldFrog

True. We can all choose to believe what we want to believe. I just don’t think it is appropriate to make a claim about someone’s character if you don’t actually know them. That is why I spoke up. No one has to agree with me and/or my experience. To each, his own. I just know what I know and I do stand by that.
Well, I guess I would prefer to err on the side of giving someone the benefit of the doubt than to call them out as morally corrupt on a public forum.

Edit. Beyond that, I'll just stop posting on this thread since I choose to give KD the benefit of the doubt, but that seems to irk some people. Personally, I'm not going to call him out for his character, whether I know him or not.

CountryFrog

Any way you slice it with all these losses it's not great. If none of them were all that good anyway then why did we give them scholarships? If they were good and left for other reasons then we lost good players. If those other reasons consist of grades and/or character issues then how did we end up with so many players on the team with those kinds of issues?

Dixon has a long track record of success so I'm personally not going to overreact to this one season of mass defections. But just looking at this one season of mass defections on its own, I don't see anyway that it can be viewed positively at this point.

That doesn't mean the team can't possibly be better next year if there truly were issues with all of these guys, but who knows with all the turnover. It'll basically be an entirely new group. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.

wilson912

Any way you slice it with all these losses it's not great. If none of them were all that good anyway then why did we give them scholarships? If they were good and left for other reasons then we lost good players. If those other reasons consist of grades and/or character issues then how did we end up with so many players on the team with those kinds of issues?

Dixon has a long track record of success so I'm personally not going to overreact to this one season of mass defections. But just looking at this one season of mass defections on its own, I don't see anyway that it can be viewed positively at this point.

That doesn't mean the team can't possibly be better next year if there truly were issues with all of these guys, but who knows with all the turnover. It'll basically be an entirely new group. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Based on the limited minutes we saw from Angus, I don’t think he was going to garner a lot of playing time.

LeagueCityFrog

From what I was told, Angus played soft when he got to TCU and it wasn't going to work, the kid from DFW who wore the short shorts, ran weird, and transferred to UTEP thought he was better than Desmond Bane even though he shot 8% from 3 point range, the guy from Australia that was "injured" around December was running his mouth how good he was during practice, Coach Dixon said prove it in practice, he didn't, walked off the practice court, Coach Dixon called out his attitude in the locker room in front of everyone, player bowed up and punched his locker proceeding to break his hand and then transferred out. Kendric Davis...I have no clue...people on this form suspected grades...I posted last week that the 4 star transfer we are getting from Ohio State's grandmother said to me in person when I saw her in Houston wearing TCU swag how excited her grandson was to play with Kendric because they played AAU together growing up.

Unfortunately, Coach Dixon and crew really swung and totally missed on the 2018 recruiting class, but as KU will show you, this is a one and done sport and you can win titles with the newest guys that walk in your door every year. 'In Dixon I Trust.' I like his passion when he coaches and he's a real Frog. Go Frogs!

tetonfrog

I hate to see KD leave and I don't like all this turnover, but there was something wrong with the chemistry of last year's team.

Five guys transferred out during the season and several more players looked like they were only interested in their own stats down the stretch. Noi left to play overseas even though he did not look ready and if Bane and KS had been given positive NBA reports, they would have declared for the draft, too. Also, if someone played poorly, CJD couldn't pull the, out because we were so short-handed.

TCU will have pretty much an all-new team next year. I hope Bane has the right attitude and is a leader, KS comes on strong and the frosh and transfers provided a spark. CJD will have to find a way to put all the new pieces together and let's hope they play as a team. Could be a tall order, but I can't wait to see how they do.

Francis Xav

From what I was told, Angus played soft when he got to TCU and it wasn't going to work, the kid from DFW who wore the short shorts, ran weird, and transferred to UTEP thought he was better than Desmond Bane even though he shot 8% from 3 point range, the guy from Australia that was "injured" around December was running his mouth how good he was during practice, Coach Dixon said prove it in practice, he didn't, walked off the practice court, Coach Dixon called out his attitude in the locker room in front of everyone, player bowed up and punched his locker proceeding to break his hand and then transferred out. Kendric Davis...I have no clue...people on this form suspected grades...I posted last week that the 4 star transfer we are getting from Ohio State's grandmother said to me in person when I saw her in Houston wearing TCU swag how excited her grandson was to play with Kendric because they played AAU together growing up.

Unfortunately, Coach Dixon and crew really swung and totally missed on the 2018 recruiting class, but as KU will show you, this is a one and done sport and you can win titles with the newest guys that walk in your door every year. 'In Dixon I Trust.' I like his passion when he coaches and he's a real Frog. Go Frogs!
Reading this sounds like a fairytale, but I believe it 100%. I heard that about Archie , and heard that Angus just wasn’t good enough. Alok I had no clue but it makes sense considering how mysteriously he broke his hand lol. Davis is grades for sure. And we are about to say see ya lat-er to another player soon due to injuries. All in all, good riddance to all of em.

Eight

dixon and his staff swung and missed on much more than the 2018 class.

not sure of the why's, but there is a common theme of players who don't seem to be as good as thought when they arrived on campus, chemistry issues, injuries, academics etc.......have plagued this program through the 2016, 2017, and 2018 classes

d. bane
j. fisher
k. noi
j. parrish

a macwilliams
l. mayen
r.j. nembhard
s. olden
a. pierce

k. samuel

y. alok
k. archie

r. barlow
k. davis

14 players signed in those 3 classes and i didn't include andre rafus who they wanted to sign, but couldn't qualify

9 of those 14 signed are gone for whatever reason and it is suspected that lat will soon follow.
that leaves from all that time, all those resources spent on recruiting you have on your roster

desmond bane
russell barlow
r.j.nembhard
kevin samuel

i don't buy that this is byproduct of the direction of college basketball today or the creation of the portal.

as others have said whatever happened to cause this continued pattern needs to be gone and jamie claims he is right where he wants to be at tcu which is good because he and his staff helped create this issue so to fix it.

jake102

Unfortunately a bunch of those above names are guys who were good, high rated recruits, but not THAT good. Not one and done NBA good, or maybe even NBA good at all. I think a number of them have been totally disillusioned to how hard it is to go NBA.

Thinking guys like Fisher (altho injuries played a huge part), Noi, Alok and Archie. Highly rated guys, but nothing close to superstars.

Francis Xav

Unfortunately a bunch of those above names are guys who were good, high rated recruits, but not THAT good. Not one and done NBA good, or maybe even NBA good at all. I think a number of them have been totally disillusioned to how hard it is to go NBA.

Thinking guys like Fisher (altho injuries played a huge part), Noi, Alok and Archie. Highly rated guys, but nothing close to superstars.
Truth be told, Fisher and Lat injuries really hurt the trajectory. Lat seems like a good kid couldn’t catch a break. Fish, same but didn’t want to go to class on top of having jello knees. Noi I just think needs the money but id be shocked if he finds himself in the NBA. Slight build, can’t play great D.

The other guys just didn’t pan out. I genuinely think we will be better off this year. Older physically mature Bane and Samuel w The grad transfers and hopefully some juice from the freshman. Im hearing Fuller and Farabello look great.

LeagueCityFrog

I met Bane in person last year. I think he's rock solid on and off the court and a great basketball ambassador for TCU. I hope he has a special season this coming Fall. We need more Bane's in taller forms in the paint.