• The KillerFrogs

2019 Football Regular Season Predictions

helcap

I hate to qualify my pick, but it depends on whether LawFrog504 watches or not. Last year my 8-4 forecast was off due to close losses to Kansas and Texas Tech. This coming season we win those type games, and go 8-4

Froginbedford

So are you saying that Texas is one of the 5? I think we bring everything to that home game and win that one

Not really saying the Texas game is a loss...but it is probable...therefore, not all road games are automatic losses...but they are all probably going to be very hard games to win....

JugbandFrog

scheiss it, I am an optimist. Defense and run game will lead us to a 12-1 season and take the pressure off the QB who will just need to manage the game

UAPB - W 70-0
@ Purdue - W 27-17
SMU - W 42-10
Kansas - W 38-7
@ Iowa State - W 24-21
@ Kansas State - W 27-13
Texas - W 27-24
@ Oklahoma State - W 31-30
Baylor - W 38-21
@ Texas Tech - W 28-17
@ Oklahoma - L 41-30
West Virginia - W 37-21

vs. Oklahoma - W 35-34

To the championship!!

texas_sicilian

Everything hinges on the offense and luck with injuries or knuckleheads.

Never really worry about the defense. They’ll find a way, even at LB.

Solid offense and no major injuries and/or knuckleheads = 9+ wins
Decent offense and a few key injuries and/or knuckleheads = 7+ wins
Inconsistent offense and several injuries and/or knuckleheads = 5+ wins

ticketfrog123

Here’s how I view the conference right now

Tier 1: OU
Tier 2: ISU / Texas / TCU
Tier 3: Baylor / TTU / OKST
Tier 4: WVU
Tier 5: K-State and Kansas

WVU is the biggest question mark with OU QB transfer (Kendall?) a big part of that.

Updating as WVU just kicked off / had 2-3 starting DBs hit the transfer portal

SuperTFrog

I think that we are a 7-5 team with poor qb play and a 10-2 team with good qb play. I think we land somewhere in between. 9-3. We are finally going to see these higher level athletes we’ve been recruiting over the last three-four years flex their muscle and blow out lower competition. The days of squeaking by SMU and Kansas (or losing) are over. We blow out lower tier teams by 30+ and play top tier teams straight up.

dawg

A conference title-worthy defense is again let down by poor QB and OL play (which is an improvement over last year's "piss poor"). Move the QB and OL level to "good" and we're playing at Jerrahworld the first Saturday of December.

Four non-wins.

jake102

Another prediction question since so many are anticipating an awesome defense and poor offense: Yes or No - does Cumbie return as OC for the 2020 season?

I vote yes.

ticketfrog123

Another prediction question since so many are anticipating an awesome defense and poor offense: Yes or No - does Cumbie return as OC for the 2020 season?

I vote yes.

9 or more wins = yes

No clue what the other scenario creates. Too much talent on offense to recreate 2012 or 2013 level of offensive production

ticketfrog123

8-4

Start season 4-0.

Drop games we shouldn’t against ISU and TTU. Play UT and OU close.

That being said, the schedule lines up nicely and with good QB play n healthy squad 10-0 is a realistic start with the ability to Give OU a run for their money.

Volare

Already up to 52 predictions. Impressive! As always, when you find an error just let me know and I'll get it corrected in the next update. Included indication this year on previous winners. The two winners from last year Frognosticator and geezer are on opposite ends of the curve this year. Good to see new participants in the prediction thread this year. We are well on the way to breaking the prediction number record of 106 set last year. Keep em coming! Of course, you can change or submit a prediction up until kickoff of the first game.

SmvUNf7.png

BigPurple87

With baseball in the rear view mirror, it's about time to get the 2019 Football Regular Season Thread fired up.

If you've been around here for a while, you know how this works, but it is always amazing how many people can screw this up. This is a REGULAR SEASON prediction, so your numbers should add to TWELVE. 6-6 works, as does 12-0, or 0-12.

As usual, a spreadsheet will be created.
You will be labeled either a homer or a troll by your fellow posters.
Winners get the glory of demonstrating their superior prognostication. (And this year will be highlighted on the spreadsheet.)

Previous Results:

7-5