• The KillerFrogs

DCTF Cover revealed

2015 TCU was pre-season number 2 (Alabama was 3) and baylor was number 4. This was the cover:

CHPA-T3U0AAYQwh.jpg

I see no big fan base bias at all.

Edit: that’s just a weird picture. Neither player has a lineman number yet both are playing center on opposite sides of the ball at the same time. They don’t coach ‘em up well in Austin and Sheep Station.
Yeah, that was the cover that broke the proverbial camel’s back in terms of my continued patronage of that rag. Leaving LT off the 2000 cover was a crime, but I forgave them. But not after that bogus cover.

froginmn

2015 TCU was pre-season number 2 (Alabama was 3) and baylor was number 4. This was the cover:

CHPA-T3U0AAYQwh.jpg

Edit: that’s just a weird picture. Neither player has a lineman number yet both are playing center on opposite sides of the ball at the same time. They don’t coach ‘em up well in Austin and Sheep Station.
What's the complaint? We made that cover!

Limp Lizard

What's the complaint about this year's edition? We were horrible last season. Did you think an oral history of the Cheez-It Bowl would be the lead story? LOL
Horrible? Tell that to all the teams that did not make a bowl game last year, or that finished with a losing record. More like mediocre. Good defense, and yeah at times, horrible offense. A mediocre team with an overall winning record.

DickBumpastache

Horrible? Tell that to all the teams that did not make a bowl game last year, or that finished with a losing record. More like mediocre. Good defense, and yeah at times, horrible offense. A mediocre team with an overall winning record.

I’ve never heard a team lose to Kansas and claim they had anything less than a bad year. Have our standards lowered that much? Why would we compare ourselves to teams that are used to losing?

And what does that have to do with the main point: dummies complaining that a magazine doesn’t have their favorite laundry on the cover? I’ll ask again, what is the gripe about this year?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’ve never heard a team lose to Kansas and claim they had anything less than a bad year. Have our standards lowered that much? Why would we compare ourselves to teams that are used to losing?

And what does that have to do with the main point: dummies complaining that a magazine doesn’t have their favorite laundry on the cover? I’ll ask again, what is the gripe about this year?
Go back and read the thread. Not a single person is claiming TCU should be on the cover this year. Pretty much just people expressing their views on the magazine in general. But keep fighting the good fight.

mesohornedfrog

CHPA-T3U0AAYQwh.jpg

Most of you don't know the real story as to why TCU didn't land the cover that year. The original idea was to have Boykin and Oakman back to back and share the cover, but it was nixed because our coach hated Briles so much and wouldn't agree to the photo shoot. DCTF offered to do separate shoots and splice the image together, but Coach P still didn't want to share with Baylor. Kind of a funny story and makes me love him even more.

So, you may still not like DCTF which is fine, but just know that we were the choice for the cover that year.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Most of you don't know the real story as to why TCU didn't land the cover that year. The original idea was to have Boykin and Oakman back to back and share the cover, but it was nixed because our coach hated Briles so much and wouldn't agree to the photo shoot. DCTF offered to do separate shoots and splice the image together, but Coach P still didn't want to share with Baylor. Kind of a funny story and makes me love him even more.

So, you may still not like DCTF which is fine, but just know that we were the choice for the cover that year.
I think I remember that. Thanks.

I honestly have no real opinion of DCTF. Have never read it. Probably never will.

I’m just having fun with a thread as usual.

DickBumpastache

Go back and read the thread. Not a single person is claiming TCU should be on the cover this year. Pretty much just people expressing their views on the magazine in general. But keep fighting the good fight.

You're right, I should go back and read the thread...

Honestly, they just market their product to the largest fanbase. That's it. TCU could be the consensus #1 team coming into the season, and UT would be the cover of DCTF.

You were saying?

My original question was: what is the complaint? Who did you actually expect to be on the cover?

Peacefrog

Degenerate

You were saying?

My original question was: what is the complaint? Who did you actually expect to be on the cover?
“Could be” is not the same as arguing for this team to be on the cover this year. You are looking to be offended by something that isn’t there. No one expects the Frogs to be on the cover this year.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

You were saying?

What PeaceFrog said.

My point was that it doesn't matter a whit who "deserves" the cover, only that it sells copies. That means that, barring something very odd, UT will be the feature.

Froglaw

What's the complaint about this year's edition? We were horrible last season. Did you think an oral history of the Cheez-It Bowl would be the lead story? LOL

I think I'm more proud so this team than any other.

So many injuries.

QB problems.

Yet they came together to beat KSU, OSU, Baylor and Cal.

Not many teams can pull together like that for their mates, school, and fans.

Screw DCTF.