• The KillerFrogs

MLB Draft 2019

ftwfrog

So at the late 7th round pick, does Guenther sign or does he roll the dice and come back? Starting to get into that gray area for players who have interest in doing either path.
Oh hell I thought Guenther was out of eligibility.

Neither Cornelio nor Meador have been drafted yet.

Fort Worth needs some talent!

Purp

Surprised Rizer went before JG and surprised JG went this late. I'd really expect him to go pro, but it would definitely be awesome to get our best hitter back who can also play a solid 1st base.

MTfrog5

Surprised Rizer went before JG and surprised JG went this late. I'd really expect him to go pro, but it would definitely be awesome to get our best hitter back who can also play a solid 1st base.
I’d be surprised if JG doesn’t sign. It would be hard for him to have a better season and move up enough for it to matter enough to take away his leverage.

Hell Sent Frog

Rizer is an excellent center fielder with a lot of range and much better at his position than Guenther is at first base.
Rizer also has a lot of pop in his bat for a player who plays a really good center field.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

For you Rangers fans...Texas just drafted Joe Corbett from West Texas A&M. I’ve known Joe since he was a 7th grader, coached him off and on, and my son caught a ton of his summer games. Has the potential to be a real success story IMO after spending more than his fair share of time trying to get himself level.

Pharm Frog

I see that the Rangers also drafted Cody Bradford from Baylor who missed this season with TOS. Seems like a pretty odd injury/recovery risk v round pick.

Purp

Janczak to Indians round 31. Good for him!
This was the one I wanted to see about more than any others. He's got so much ability when healthy. Glad he gets a chance to keep getting healthier and make a go at the bigs. How much do you think his B12 and regional performances contributed to him getting drafted? I'm wondering if anybody would have taken a flier on him if he'd not had a good outing this year after his injuries.

Pharm Frog

Think it’s safer to project that Shep and Henry and King will be back in purple, white, grey, and black next year.

And Wolfe and other juniors as well if they choose to return

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

This was the one I wanted to see about more than any others. He's got so much ability when healthy. Glad he gets a chance to keep getting healthier and make a go at the bigs. How much do you think his B12 and regional performances contributed to him getting drafted? I'm wondering if anybody would have taken a flier on him if he'd not had a good outing this year after his injuries.

Hard to say but I’m sure his post-season performance helped a lot. That said...Cody Bradford was taken early and he hasn’t yet come back from TOS