• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

LeagueCityFrog

There has been a good amount of strong lighting either directly hitting the Amon G Carter Stadium or in the sky above it. Is it the "Football gods" sending us a message about super powering up our 2019 football team and those bad bad new Black Panther jerseys? I really do think TCU is about to haver a special season. Defense travels and we can run the ball and have Reagor. Gary will be on a mission this Fall. You watch.

MTfrog5

There has been a good amount of strong lighting either directly hitting the Amon G Carter Stadium or in the sky above it. Is it the "Football gods" sending us a message about super powering up our 2019 football team and those bad bad new Black Panther jerseys? I really do think TCU is about to haver a special season. Defense travels and we can run the ball and have Reagor. Gary will be on a mission this Fall. You watch.
All I know is that whenever a storm comes during a game again, I’m getting the hell out of the stands.

YA

A proposed parking garage in lot 1-2 of ACS? Interesting as I suspect that is the only way to get east side suite and box owners premier parking.

ticketfrog123

What year do you predict it will cost 100k a year???

Assuming a steady 3% increase it’ll take 15 years. Add in a “tuition freeze” during a recession and 20 is absolutely the maximum number of years. Cost is now 60k / yr with room & board.

Hopefully the university says enough is enough and is happy with 10k undergrad and stops renovating every single building. Could focus on getting better students with scholarship money and increasing our graduation rate.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Lots of new renderings of the new Admin building.

https://www.tcuacademicadmin.com

Will be a very nice facility. Like the incorporation is the arch on the south side (like BLUU and new Neeley) and columns on the north side (like Sadler)

Look's like they want to put a garage in the lot N of Smith, are you interpreting it that way too?

If so that will alleviate a bit of the parking on that side of University. Business school is enrolling record numbers year after year.

TCUdirtbag

Look's like they want to put a garage in the lot N of Smith, are you interpreting it that way too?

If so that will alleviate a bit of the parking on that side of University. Business school is enrolling record numbers year after year.

I don’t know why they included that version of the master plan. It’s very outdated and inaccurate. Not really worth looking at.

HToady

I've been told that once the Neeley School is done and the temp classrooms removed the East parking lot will go from Lubbock to the one on Merida, including taking in Merida as well.

The decision to make the area East of the new Fine Arts Building into parking or a "green space" is still TBD. There is still an old house still standing on Princeton as well, but its empty and I believe that TCU got that one.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I’m all in on the Sadler re-do as long as the lobby retains its historical lineage—artwork, furniture, seal in the floor, bust, big portraits/photos—everything.

SnoSki

Lots of construction fencing up on university Drive and the oak tree trunks are being covered with 2x4s for protection.. any idea what’s going on?

Fencing on both sides, in front of Sadler and also the science bldg.

mcdaddy

Lots of construction fencing up on university Drive and the oak tree trunks are being covered with 2x4s for protection.. any idea what’s going on?

Fencing on both sides, in front of Sadler and also the science bldg.
First phase in efforts to enhance the outdoor space, mainly widening sidewalks.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
It looks like they're surveying the Sandage parking lot for the hotel, there's been a lane of southbound McCart closed the last two days.