• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

SnoSki

When we bought our house here in FW back in 2011, it was an estate sale and the sellers left a lot of their parents stuff for us to sort through.

One of the items left behind was an old sears/kenmore freezer that we assumed to be broken but actually still worked great.

8 years since moving in and using it daily, it is sadly starting to slowly die on us. Went to look up the model number and see if I could fix it somehow and found out it was offered via sears catalog in 1976. I’m guessing I wouldn’t be able to get a sears quality freezer to run me 43 more years if I bought one new this week.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
When we bought our house here in FW back in 2011, it was an estate sale and the sellers left a lot of their parents stuff for us to sort through.

One of the items left behind was an old sears/kenmore freezer that we assumed to be broken but actually still worked great.

8 years since moving in and using it daily, it is sadly starting to slowly die on us. Went to look up the model number and see if I could fix it somehow and found out it was offered via sears catalog in 1976. I’m guessing I wouldn’t be able to get a sears quality freezer to run me 43 more years if I bought one new this week.
If you don’t hurry there won’t be a Sears left to get anything from.

nwlafrog

A few years ago I was eating at an IHOP in Midland at like 2:00am and watched a busser suck their fingers from the table they were cleaning. I was done eating after seeing that.

giphy.gif

tcudoc

My first job, at 16 years old, was switchboard operator at the local Sears in Connecticut. While at TCU, I had the same job for a while at the Sears at Seminary South.
What was your first job?
Paper route for Mid Cities Daily News at 12
Busboy/cook/cashier at Shipley’s Donuts at 14
Cook at Cheddars at 16. Worked as cook, then waiter, then bartender there for 9.5 years. It was my college job for 35 hours a week.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Paper route for Mid Cities Daily News at 12
Busboy/cook/cashier at Shipley’s Donuts at 14
Cook at Cheddars at 16. Worked as cook, then waiter, then bartender there for 9.5 years. It was my college job for 35 hours a week.

I always wondered what you specialized in, now I know, drink mixology. You must have been good to get the nickname Doc.

My first job, at 16 years old, was switchboard operator at the local Sears in Connecticut. While at TCU, I had the same job for a while at the Sears at Seminary South.
What was your first job?
Petroleum transfer technician. 1978 before pay at the pump. Most people paid in cash. Credit cards were the imprint machine. Got to fill up at end of shift during the gas crunch in 79. Whatever minimum wage was. $2.65 I think.

SnoSki

Anyone know the Ft Worth couple who passed away while on vacation in Fiji? Left behind two young kids. Terribly sad.
Hadn’t heard of this. Googling..

Edit: don’t recognize either and don’t have any mutual friends. Sad story. I hope their kids are able to continue their lives with their closest relatives.