• The KillerFrogs

2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

Purp

Anybody have any idea what GT was protesting on that ball call against Coastal? Seems like the most obvious ball call in the history of baseball. Not sure what there was to object to.

Then after a 10 minute delay Coastal takes the first pitch for an RBI single and an E9 moves the batter to 2nd. Then the next guy singles to RF and another E9 scores a run and advanced the hitter to 2nd. Seems like a well deserved penalty for the GT manager doing what he did.

Purp

Explanation was just announced. Apparently a fan yelled "balk" in the middle of the pitcher's delivery and the claim is that caused him to balk. Fans yell crazy boat all the time. What a weak whine by GT.

LisaLT

Anybody have any idea what GT was protesting on that ball call against Coastal? Seems like the most obvious ball call in the history of baseball. Not sure what there was to object to.

Then after a 10 minute delay Coastal takes the first pitch for an RBI single and an E9 moves the batter to 2nd. Then the next guy singles to RF and another E9 scores a run and advanced the hitter to 2nd. Seems like a well deserved penalty for the GT manager doing what he did.
It had to do with a balk call by the ump. The coach from GT protested the game immediately then they went into a 10 minute delay discussing it. The coach really screwed his team cause that delay set into motion a CC rally. Apparently someone from the stands screamed out balk Before the ump signaled balk and he stopped his throwing motion.

Last edited:

Purp

It had to do with a balk call by the ump. The coach from GT protested the game immediately then they went into a 10 minute delay discussing it. The coach really screwed his team cause that delay set into motion a CC rally. Apparently someone from the stands screamed out balk Before the ump signaled balk and he stopped his throwing motion.
That's part of my point in the subsequent post. You don't protest a game bc of something a fan says. GT gets what they deserve after that nonsense. 3 more runs on the board for the Cleers.

hometown frog

Yeah that was a mess. GT skipper picked a very strange thing to elevate and it cost his team a few runs IMO. Once you go out there and make your argument and get the umps to gather and discuss move on.

Purp

Yeah that was a mess. GT skipper picked a very strange thing to elevate and it cost his team a few runs IMO. Once you go out there and make your argument and get the umps to gather and discuss move on.
I was kinda rooting against Coastal bc of Omaha, but after that fiasco the Chanticleers have my full support. I previously wouldn't have been disappointed to see a national seed get eliminated, but now I'm rooting for it. Darn the Cleers, but darn the GT manager even more.

Purp

Now Coastal gets their pitching coach tossed for apparently taking too long to leave after a visit to the mound. Very bizarre situation bc it didn't look like the ump was trying to get him to leave at all prior to giving him the demonstrative hook. What a strange game.