• The KillerFrogs

Keep FROGLAW in your prayers...

LisaLT

What a bummer. That can be painful from what I understand, but at least not life threatening. What terrible timing! Too much rich pasta perhaps??

netty2424

Two years ago I spent $4k having a gallbladder removed... from my dog.
Ouch. Was watching a vet show on animal planet yesterday with the kids. Girl was quoted $7,000 for a gall bladder removal surgery on her Poodle.

She couldn’t afford it so she went to a different vet(vet on this show), and the vet quoted her $1,200 pre-op. Vet post-op said it was so simple and easy, he wouldn’t even charge her that much. Said he has more complicated spay surgeries.

Vet business is big cash business. They’ll pull hard on those heart strings.

Eight

Ouch. Was watching a vet show on animal planet yesterday with the kids. Girl was quoted $7,000 for a gall bladder removal surgery on her Poodle.

She couldn’t afford it so she went to a different vet(vet on this show), and the vet quoted her $1,200 pre-op. Vet post-op said it was so simple and easy, he wouldn’t even charge her that much. Said he has more complicated spay surgeries.

we have already had a discussion with our 14-year old and 11-year old labs reminding them of the dnr's that they signed when they became part of the family several years ago.

love them, but hell no and i am not selling myself pet insurance either.

frogs9497

I think what surprised me most about the bill was that the surgeon only collected about $1,500 of the $4k. The facility charges and meds added up really fast. Not unlike hospitals for humans.