• The KillerFrogs

Arkansas vs TCU - NCAA Regionals - Saturday Game

PurpleBlood87

I tell you what, I rarely agree with this point of view, and I was watching without sound all night so I don’t know if it was discussed on the broadcast, but I was very annoyed with the umpire calling balls & strikes in some very key counts tonight.

Some absolute head-scratchers

I got the feeling after about three innings the umpire got caught up in the emotions of the crowd and the fact that neither team was creating any offense and seemed to squeeze the strike zone especially for NL like he was trying to force some scoring to happen. He definitely squeeze NL on pitches on the corner.

It was discussed but mostly how what a great pitch on the corner the Arkansas pitcher made and how unbelievable it was that the TCU hitter was able to take that pitch for a ball.
Those announcers were very biased.

NewFrogFan

Gave your questions some more thought and decided to look up some data from NJCAA. To your first question...I seriously seriously doubt it. Wolfe made 29 errors in his last season at Walters and fielded at .856. Wolfe is looking more and more like a DH to me (if he comes back). Henry made 13 Es the same season and fielded at .927. Henry is looking more and more like a DH to me. Isola is looking like a DH as well. Of your choices, maybe Goodloe at 3rd but I’d sure like some power from that position. Shepherd at 1B??? Basically we need a new infield

Yes. That play at 2nd was too much for me. Over and over this year compared to others. Old #87 is VERY superstitious on game day from clothes, to many other daily events that if done out of order will effect the out come of the game. I think the play at second was the final straw that led to him retreating somewhere else and telling me “they” play much better when he does not physically watch the game. I know it is frustrating, but I had to laugh a little bit.

Paint It Purple

The pigs in the stands complained about every ball called on their pitcher and every strike called for ours. They weren’t impartial in any way.
Arkansas fans (as you know) can't spell impartial. Their pitcher could have pulled out a 45 and shot dead the hitter, and they would not only boo when the pitcher was ejected, but threaten the umpire's life too.

Last edited:

Paint It Purple

You’re short stop shouldn’t have to be taught how to catch a ball at this level. Comes down to him slowing down the game and focusing.
Call me old fashioned, but catch the dang ball with two hands. Saw us trying to turn two in OKC, and we catch the ball with our throwing hand down at our side instead of up in a transfer position. (result was a 1/2 step too slow throw and safe at first)