• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Froggish

not uncommon for kids to drop weight when they run track in the spring

as far as what would he do besides lifting and sprinting?

the various agility drills, catching passes, etc.....

I understand that but it’s a little silly to imply that some how running track would impede or erode his football growth. Sure could he be catching passes from some 16 year old..I suppose but I don’t necessarily think that’s going to benefit him either

Eight

I understand that but it’s a little silly to imply that some how running track would impede or erode his football growth. Sure could he be catching passes from some 16 year old..I suppose but I don’t necessarily think that’s going to benefit him either

never said that as i never said track would erode or hurt his football skills and as i pointed out the primary point is it is not uncommon for sprinters to drop weight during the track season

Froggish

never said that as i never said track would erode or hurt his football skills and as i pointed out the primary point is it is not uncommon for sprinters to drop weight during the track season
Sorry my comment earlier was directed as Asleep who said he should concentrate on football

Eight

Suggesting that a kid running track in HS is somehow not focused on football is ridiculous. Why the hell can’t he do both? I’d love to see a number on how many kids have played as true freshman at TCU after running track the previous spring. I bet it’s a big number.

watching the basketball game last night i looked through the 2015-2018 recruiting classes.

not sure on a couple of guys and couldn't find results for a few, but off hand guys with a track background in high school:

deshawn raymond - sprints/ jumps
semaj thomas - sprints/ weights
tony james - sprints
darrion flowers - sprints
niko small - hurdles
julius lewis - sprints

i would say 2 of those 6 hit and i do think julius played early, can't remember on niko

guys who i thought had a background, but couldn't confirm are:

tre'vontae heights
kavontae turpin (i know he played basketball, but thought he was a jumper in track as well)

brandon bowen - state champion in the high jump
darius anderson - sprints
innis gaines - jumps
kelton hollins - weight
vernon scott - sprints/ jumps

sewo did jumps as a junior and did 45' in the triple, but did not jump as a senior

darius never broke 11.0 in the 100m, but showed plenty of speed in the state title game and at tcu. reinforces the difference between track speed and football speed.

jalen reagor - state champion in the long jump
wes harris (fr-jr) - weights
lakendrick vanzandt - hurdles
kennedy snell - sprints
noah daniels - sprints

wallow did run track as a senior, but no prior experience

reagor is easily the most impactful freshman frogs have signed during this time and i think he is the best athlete over that period of time.

tevailance hunt - sprints and jumps (fr-jr but did not participate as a senior)
john stephens - jumps
chase von waggoner - hurdles
derius davis - state champ in 200m and relays
demauryon holes - state champ in relays
ochaum mathis - weight (fr. - jr but did not participate as a senior)

wait and see, but one guy to pay attention might be blair conwright. he has had the best season so far of the frogs recruits having run a career best 10.08 first part of the month

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

watching the basketball game last night i looked through the 2015-2018 recruiting classes.

not sure on a couple of guys and couldn't find results for a few, but off hand guys with a track background in high school:

deshawn raymond - sprints/ jumps
semaj thomas - sprints/ weights
tony james - sprints
darrion flowers - sprints
niko small - hurdles
julius lewis - sprints

i would say 2 of those 6 hit and i do think julius played early, can't remember on niko

guys who i thought had a background, but couldn't confirm are:

tre'vontae heights
kavontae turpin (i know he played basketball, but thought he was a jumper in track as well)

brandon bowen - state champion in the high jump
darius anderson - sprints
innis gaines - jumps
kelton hollins - weight
vernon scott - sprints/ jumps

sewo did jumps as a junior and did 45' in the triple, but did not jump as a senior

darius never broke 11.0 in the 100m, but showed plenty of speed in the state title game and at tcu. reinforces the difference between track speed and football speed.

jalen reagor - state champion in the long jump
wes harris (fr-jr) - weights
lakendrick vanzandt - hurdles
kennedy snell - sprints
noah daniels - sprints

wallow did run track as a senior, but no prior experience

reagor is easily the most impactful freshman frogs have signed during this time and i think he is the best athlete over that period of time.

tevailance hunt - sprints and jumps (fr-jr but did not participate as a senior)
john stephens - jumps
chase von waggoner - hurdles
derius davis - state champ in 200m and relays
demauryon holes - state champ in relays
ochaum mathis - weight (fr. - jr but did not participate as a senior)

wait and see, but one guy to pay attention might be blair conwright. he has had the best season so far of the frogs recruits having run a career best 10.08 first part of the month

You have more free time than me.

CryptoMiner

Doesn't sound like he will play but nice connection to have (Sean Payton's son):

Connor played at Argyle's Liberty Christian and his HUDL for what its worth: