• The KillerFrogs

I like these early game times just announced

Hell Sent Frog

Ohio State would have been a big national stage. Scrambling to fill the schedule you get what you get.

TCU just got a raw deal all around with this scheduling mistake.
Return game not until 2030.

TCU doesn't need to be scheduling small tv market schools like Purdue, it's not fair to a school located in the DFW and Texas tv markets. The Horned Frogs are used to a bigger stage in Power 5 non-conference games like we have here.
Even when we go to play SMU in Dallas, the games are generally showcased nationally on Friday Night on ESPN/ESPN2.
The Big Ten Network is basically a regional network with low quality coverage of non-conference games involving two Power 5 teams like this one.

Last edited:

Brog

The coverage by the Big Ten Network is terrible. The game announcers and the studio analysts are really bad homers. They are going to hurt what should be a nice non-conference prime time match up between two Power 5 opponents.

Yeah, they are terrible. But won't KTCU be broadcasting the game? If so, we can mute the TV and listen to KTCU. There's usually just a little space between what's on the screen and what we're hearing.

frogs9497

Yeah, they are terrible. But won't KTCU be broadcasting the game? If so, we can mute the TV and listen to KTCU. There's usually just a little space between what's on the screen and what we're hearing.

I’ve tried this with DirecTV. The delay is a dealbreaker for me. Otherwise I’d turn-up KTCU for every game I watch on TV.

East Coast

Tier 1
Might be an excuse to head into NYC for a game party. Haven’t been in a couple of years.

CountryFrog

Still so embarrassing that we're even playing that game. They're just not an FCS team, but they're a horrible, bottom of the barrel FCS team at that.
If you're going to schedule an FCS team (and regardless of what anyone here thinks about it then GP will be scheduling an FCS team every season) then you should absolutely play the worst one that will agree to the game. You're not going to get a single bit of credit for beating any FCS team even if they are actually pretty good, so you might as well find someone that you can clobber in a half and get your starters out of the game.

Hell Sent Frog

I don't think a national stage was the priority when scheduling Purdue.

Even the AD for Purdue wondered publicly why TCU wanted this game.
Why then? Why didn't we just schedule a $1.25 Million body bag game with a Group of Five school?

Was it because we like non-conference road games the years we have five conference games on the road? Do we just like playing on the road?

Was it because the return game was not going to be played for eleven years?

Was it because we wanted to beat a Big Ten team on their home field but we didn't want the tv coverage to be on a national stage?

Last edited:

Eight

Even the AD for Purdue wondered publicly why TCU wanted this game.
Why then? Why didn't we just schedule a $1.25 Million body bag game with a Group of Five school?

Was it because we like non-conference road games the years we have five conference games on the road? Do we just like playing on the road?

Was it because the return game was not going to be played for eleven years?

Was it because we wanted to beat a Big Ten team on their home field but we didn't want the tv coverage to be on a national stage?

simply the ohio river valley and wabash basin are untapped recruiting markets and we want the indiana regional exposure

Eight

5 million is the reason

giphy.gif