• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
My grown kids love The Office (as do I). It is impressive how often you can find The Office marathons on TV. My daughter seems to be able to find them anytime she wants, so I usually watch an episode or two a day. My wife hates the show, but has never really given it a chance. She just hates it because she knows I like it. I think it's retaliation for me hating Real Housewives.
The Office is a brilliant show. But as it has been on syndication for a long time now, and I keep getting "voluntold" that we're watching it, I have come to hate it.

HFrog1999

The Office is a brilliant show. But as it has been on syndication for a long time now, and I keep getting "voluntold" that we're watching it, I have come to hate it.

I liked watching the first run but I don't really watch the reruns. I didn't care for the last few seasons and that kind of soured me on the show.

At that time, I was working in inside sales selling lumber, so my office was very similar to the office on TV. I mainly watched the show for prank ideas to pull on my coworkers.

anigif_enhanced-11627-1443650748-3.gif

SnoSki

Anyone else here keep running into these guys who walk around selling banana bread? Can’t remember if we have talked about this before or not.

Supposedly it’s an organization dedicated to turning around drug addicts and instilling a work ethic in them. While I don’t mind that idea it’s their methodology of stopping people in parking lots or even inside stores and restaurants that really irritates me.

These guys used to come into Potbelly about 1-2x a month when I was playing there and they’d go table to table as long as they could before mgmt would see them and ask them not to solicit. Then they’d just go into the parking lot and wait for people to leave before giving the hard sell.

Ive never found them to be confrontational but I can’t help but be super annoyed and even avoid the businesses they’re at when we cross paths.

Paradoxotaur

Anyone else here keep running into these guys who walk around selling banana bread? Can’t remember if we have talked about this before or not.

Supposedly it’s an organization dedicated to turning around drug addicts and instilling a work ethic in them. While I don’t mind that idea it’s their methodology of stopping people in parking lots or even inside stores and restaurants that really irritates me.

These guys used to come into Potbelly about 1-2x a month when I was playing there and they’d go table to table as long as they could before mgmt would see them and ask them not to solicit. Then they’d just go into the parking lot and wait for people to leave before giving the hard sell.

Ive never found them to be confrontational but I can’t help but be super annoyed and even avoid the businesses they’re at when we cross paths.
I've never seen or heard of this before, but if we're making lists of edible items I would be willing to buy from someone that walked up to me in a parking lot, banana bread would be right down there at the bottom.

tcudoc

I've never seen or heard of this before, but if we're making lists of edible items I would be willing to buy from someone that walked up to me in a parking lot, banana bread would be right down there at the bottom.
Agree. I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything handled by a random stranger that is soliciting. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed by a random stranger that is soliciting, or buy anything sold or processed by a random stranger that is soliciting, or process anything sold, bought, or processed by a random stranger that is soliciting, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed by a random stranger that is soliciting.

MTfrog5

Yes they are all over Tyler and you couldn’t pay me to eat that banana bread.

TCURiggs

Agree. I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything handled by a random stranger that is soliciting. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed by a random stranger that is soliciting, or buy anything sold or processed by a random stranger that is soliciting, or process anything sold, bought, or processed by a random stranger that is soliciting, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed by a random stranger that is soliciting.

Those magazine salesman (shady characters) used to come through our neighborhood when my brother and I had a house near campus (both in college at the time). It started sleeting one night while they were out selling, so we felt bad for the dude who stopped by, and we invited him in and gave him a few beers and let him watch Sporanos with us. One of his buddies ended up knocking on our door a bit later and discovered his buddy in our warm house, drinking and watching TV, so we invited him in as well. They didn't stay for too long, but that was probably a bad idea. Glad it didn't turn into a Dumb & Dumber situation.... "pick em up!"

tenor.gif

Chico Dusty

Yeah... here is the founder and CEO

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I won't even eat banana bread my wife or mother-in-law makes. I mean, you leave a banana lying around until it is too rotten to eat, and then process it into something else? No way...

tcudoc

Those magazine salesman (shady characters) used to come through our neighborhood when my brother and I had a house near campus (both in college at the time). It started sleeting one night while they were out selling, so we felt bad for the dude who stopped by, and we invited him in and gave him a few beers and let him watch Sporanos with us. One of his buddies ended up knocking on our door a bit later and discovered his buddy in our warm house, drinking and watching TV, so we invited him in as well. They didn't stay for too long, but that was probably a bad idea. Glad it didn't turn into a Dumb & Dumber situation.... "pick em up!"

tenor.gif
Reminds me more of the scene from Office Space with the magazine salesman.

HFrog1999

talor

My grown kids love The Office (as do I). It is impressive how often you can find The Office marathons on TV. My daughter seems to be able to find them anytime she wants, so I usually watch an episode or two a day. My wife hates the show, but has never really given it a chance. She just hates it because she knows I like it. I think it's retaliation for me hating Real Housewives.
The British office was really funny. The first season of the American one didn't have character development or good writing and was pretty meh. But then it became a really funny show show before lingering a bit too long. The part that sounds awful is watching it for the 10th time.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
This is the article I read

https://www.heraldbanner.com/news/v...cle_45b773d8-4144-11e4-b6a7-c7320d57d5ea.html

I see these guys all the time. I also get the, “hey, do you want to buy the extra entertainment system in the back of my truck” and “I lost my plumbing job and I have these Home Depot gift cards I don’t need”
Wow. Well I assume it’s the same outfit that I dealt with often (unique operating model) but never knew anything like that. It was many years ago though.

That sucks to hear. Though honestly my original post was more of a reason tell the story of the really old bread that I hurled into the lake.