• The KillerFrogs

The Washington Post: Josh Doctson isn’t upset Redskins didn’t pick up his option

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
3NC36QHI6MI6PFLOXLVDLD4XEU.jpg

Josh Doctson isn’t upset Redskins didn’t pick up his option, hopes to have a big season

By Les Carpenter

Washington Redskins wide receiver Josh Doctson stood on the side of the team’s practice fields Wednesday afternoon, talking about his football mortality.

This is something he has been thinking about since the end of last season, when he looked around the teams’ receivers meetings and realized he was one of the oldest men in the room. Suddenly he wasn’t the first-round pick from TCU loaded with potential and a seemingly limitless future to show it. At age 26 and three seasons into a career that hasn’t gone the way he must have hoped it would, he can see an end — and seeing the end often matures a professional athlete.

Read more at https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...-season/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.200962e1e918

SuperBarrFrog

I love JD. sounds like he has his kind right. Hopefully he’ll really connect with the rookie QB Haskins and finally have a breakout year going into free agency.

Froggish

Big year for him...I hope he can play his way into another contract. Hate the skins but cheering for JD to break on through to the others side

Ron Swanson

Cooper couldn’t catch the ball in Oakland. Not sure fit had anything to do with him having stone hands
And I’ve seen Doctson drop a shocking number of balls in Washington. Not sure we can blame fit on that either.

I still think he comes around and has a successful career if he can stay healthy, but we sound like a bunch of Baylor fans trying to blame Josh’s lack of success so far on his situation.

MTfrog5

And I’ve seen Doctson drop a shocking number of balls in Washington. Not sure we can blame fit on that either.

I still think he comes around and has a successful career if he can stay healthy, but we sound like a bunch of Baylor fans trying to blame Josh’s lack of success so far on his situation.
Doctson has had some drops but being a Raiders fan the two had completely different drops. Doctson’s drops a lot of the time we’re balls that the majority of WR wouldn’t be able to get to. Cooper not so much

Wexahu

Doctson has had some drops but being a Raiders fan the two had completely different drops. Doctson’s drops a lot of the time we’re balls that the majority of WR wouldn’t be able to get to. Cooper not so much

Not really true. JD has had trouble staying on the field because of injuries and hasn’t performed like he was expected to when he has been healthy....and it isn’t everyone else’s fault. Let’s just call a spade a spade and hope he has a good year next year.

MTfrog5

Not really true. JD has had trouble staying on the field because of injuries and hasn’t performed like he was expected to when he has been healthy....and it isn’t everyone else’s fault. Let’s just call a spade a spade and hope he has a good year next year.
Has he under performed? Yes. Can other be partly blamed? Hell yes. When he has multiple games grading out as an A for the game while only have 1 ball thrown to him but playing 80% of the snaps... that means Cousins is probably at fault. Or how about when he was on pace to be well over 100 yards at half to not have another ball thrown to him? Guess that’s all his fault too. We are taking about drops. He’s had multiple drops that are him coming down from an acrobatic catch and losing the ball when he hits the ground. Think everyone on here would like him to be more consistent than he is but that also means the QB’s throwing the ball to use the advantages that he brings.