• The KillerFrogs

Sewo arrested, controlled substance

HG73

Can we finally put the marijuana debate to bed? To be classified as an illegal drug a substance should be addictive and an overdose threat.
Marijuana is NOT addictive, I quit three times last week.
You CANNOT overdose on marijuana, Lord knows I have tried.
Our government has tried diligently for over a hundred years to find something, anything wrong with MJ. Kind of like the Mueller report, there is just nothing there.
And they are finding medicinal benefits.
65% of the country is for decriminalization. AAA has said driving laws should be changed to reflect a much reduced effect on driving.
Treat it like alcohol, no kids and restricted purchasing. Sheesh.

Atomic Frawg

Don’t know what it means, but when I first caught wind of the arrest, I searched Walker Co criminal records online and found the charge. Checked again yesterday and it’s no longer online.
Just to clarify, whenever I've searched, the most recent time being a few moments ago, I've never seen a charge under his name. I have seen the jail and bond records that show what he was arrested for allegwdly possessing. So, to my knowledge, he was arrested, but he has yet to be charged. Guess I'm asking if you're sure you saw a charge?

Being that SHSU is there, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some type of diversion or first time offenders program that would lead to a dismissal.

Frog-in-law1995

Just to clarify, whenever I've searched, the most recent time being a few moments ago, I've never seen a charge under his name. I have seen the jail and bond records that show what he was arrested for allegwdly possessing. So, to my knowledge, he was arrested, but he has yet to be charged. Guess I'm asking if you're sure you saw a charge?

Being that SHSU is there, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some type of diversion or first time offenders program that would lead to a dismissal.

Yeah, I saw the charge on the Walker Co site as PG2 possession 1-4g and paraphernalia.

Billy Clyde

I'd be surprised if they did. Walker County skews old and redneck, very conservative electorate.

Frog-in-law1995

Best part of the story: the edibles were labeled “300 mg of THC.”

2e823f87e5f2a84d55418887d589c01c.jpg

AroundWorldFrog

i've smoked my share of pot when I was younger, but I would never argue that it doesn't lead to potentially dangerous situations. I think it was two summers ago in Phoenix, two babies died within weeks of each other, one while the father got stoned at his buddies house and left the baby in the hot car and the other when the mother "forgot" about the baby in the car seat on the roof of the car after getting stoned and drove off.

I guess you could argue that they were just dumbasses.

I hope they do. I looked at the DA website but it is hopelessly uninformative

For all y’all who are thinking police don’t often act in a chickenshit manner on traffic stops, or make iffy stops as a pretext here you go. No one will ever convince me this stop was not a case of driving while black. And I don’t give a flying darn what race the officer is. LP light out? Smell of mj? Friggin classic. Sewo was stopped at 8:54 pm. Sunset on May 14 was at 8:21 pm. It takes about 70-80 minutes after sunset for true darkness.

“Olonilua had been pulled over on a traffic stop for a defective/non-working license plate light on his 2010 Toyota Camry at 8:54 p.m. on May 14, when the officer “immediately detected strong odor of marijuana,” according to the report.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article230902419.html#storylink=cpy

All you have to do is watch a few episodes of Live PD on A&E and you will see how obvious it is how often the police pull over vehicles with minor things such as non-working license plate light. And they almost always come up with a reason to search the car. Only once have I seen where the cop suspected marijuana, they brought the dog in, and there was nothing found.

Billy Clyde

For all y’all who are thinking police don’t often act in a chickenshit manner on traffic stops, or make iffy stops as a pretext here you go. No one will ever convince me this stop was not a case of driving while black. And I don’t give a flying darn what race the officer is. LP light out? Smell of mj? Friggin classic. Sewo was stopped at 8:54 pm. Sunset on May 14 was at 8:21 pm. It takes about 70-80 minutes after sunset for true darkness.

“Olonilua had been pulled over on a traffic stop for a defective/non-working license plate light on his 2010 Toyota Camry at 8:54 p.m. on May 14, when the officer “immediately detected strong odor of marijuana,” according to the report.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article230902419.html#storylink=cpy

Not disputing the point you are making but a couple of things: "Pretext stops" are a 100% legit law enforcement tool. As long as the underlying basis for the stop was a valid offense, the police can stop you for a class C with the intent to look for something bigger.
Secondly, he would have been required to have lights on based on your time statement. Law requires lights 30 minutes past sunset and up to 30 minutes before sunrise.
I know pretext stops are unpopular, but they are legit as long as the officer isn't profiling. And honestly, if Sewo's headlights were on, I doubt the officer had any idea who was driving when he/she initiated the stop. I'm assuming it was DPS, on I-45, so it's most likely that the trooper was sitting northbound on the shoulder and would have been looking at headlights in his side view mirror (thus unable to see the driver). I guess it's possible he was driving slow going northbound and Sewo passed him, but even then, you are talking about some pretty low-light conditions.