• The KillerFrogs

Briles Potentially Back

Pharm Frog

Just spoke with Father of Pharm (a long-time superintendent of schools in Texas). He had not heard that Mt. Vernon had hired Briles but his initial statement was: "Just how stupid can they be?" I said, "Apparently 7-0 stupid" and we discussed how stupid people do seem to flock together. A few minutes later he said that TEA may have something to say in this matter by way of "evaluating" his teaching certificate in an evidentiary hearing based on what may or may not have been discovered at Baylor. If they decided to revoke, it could spark a legal challenge that would test the resolve of that school board. Dad doesn't speak in that way but this was his way of saying, "Get your popcorn ready".

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
F5-B0-B199-72-D9-48-CA-9-ED0-FAB5-E44-F6-E3-C.jpg

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article230856844.html?

Mean Purple

The Superintendent says it was a unanimous 7-0 vote by the board. Yes, they have sold their soul. They won't care what the news or social media say over a holiday weekend, or if some Bible thumpers march around their office. Unless some boosters pull back their checkbooks and lead some kind of community wide boycott, and pressure the elected trustees, I can't imagine Briles not being on the sideline in Mt. Vernon. Sick.
No different from the folks at Stephenville who knew the slimey garbage Briles was engaged in. All they cared about was wins. He somehow stayed under the radar at UH. Being exposed for his garbage while at baylor was just a matter of time.
Football should not, does not mean tossing out integrity and endangering women.
Shame on you, Mt. Vernon.

Mean Purple

AHHH, NO, I had a daughter go through this at another university in Texas. She ended up walking away from a scholarship because the school refused to deal with it. I for one, would loved to have brought charges against the school administrators. If you think a football coach has the ability to cover up rapes on a campus wide basis, your a fool. 95% of all the sexual assaults on the Baylor campus were done by the student body, not by members of any athletic program, including football. A universities administration handles this stuff, and there in lies the problem with Baylor. I can't believe y'all are this foolish and can't figure this out for yourselves. What good is a college education if you can't think for yourselves. Good grief, no wonder our nation is in trouble.
So that excuses Briles, et. al coving up rapes committed by his players for the sake of keeping them on the team?

Mean Purple

If you actually bought that story out of Baylor, that Briles was behind all of those coverups and they still paid him $18M, then I have some ocean front property you might be interested in purchasing in Kentucky.
You do know that there were e-mails, texts and other items showing Briles was involved in and orchestrating coverups, don't you?

Being from Waco, baylor fans who try to make excuses for that rape enabling sack of crap truly disgust me.
Tons of hard working folks in Waco, stuck with living in the shadow of shame from baylor and a crooked DA.

Billy Clyde

This is the kind of banjo-plucking, goat-scheissing lunacy that folks had in mind when they coined my favorite expression referring to deep East Texas: "Behind the Pine Curtain."

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
So far, the only question is: Will the Mt. Vernon Board stick to their horrible decision? The avalanche of calumny has begun, but in a small, insulated town, the backlash might not be what we think it should, and soon the national media will find another shiny object to chase after. All will be forgotten. There might be some stories in the late summer, but they will be lost amidst the flood of other information covering the impending season.

No, what remains is the inevitable "redemption" story, shot in beautiful 4K, complete with small town preachers, moms, dads, etc., extolling the re-found virtues of one Warden Art. I expect ESPN will send a crew to produce this piece. It will lead to some University "bravely" employing Warden Art, and receiving praise for doing so.

Wash, soak, rinse, repeat.

Oh, and sure, ESPN is all "angry" now, but Media works on "outrage" and "controversy." Things that rile people up are what draw clicks and viewers. ESPN will embrace Satan hissownself if it gets them another .01 in their cumulative ratings. Warden Art is only a small step down from the Big Evil, and thus an easy choice. Each week's game will feature protesters, counter-protesters, and drunks, all tearing at each other. A ratings bonanza! The whole season will have a special item to devote some time to talk about each week, and the fire will continue to burn...

Big Frog II

We can not let this outrage die. Come Tuesday the sports world will need to be reminded again and again and again. They may pretend to be a bunch of small town yokels, but they knew what they were doing by announcing this Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend. They were hoping the furor would die down before Tuesday, and they could not be more wrong. We won'r let it.