• The KillerFrogs

Possible Incoming Basketball Transfers

Rose Bowl

I’m a little nervous about Desmond coming back. I think he would be better off coming back to school but he has impressed scouts and he might be not be worried about being a second round pick or a FA. It would suck if he didn’t come back but it is his decision to make. Either way he will always be a good, strong Frog.

Eight

I’m a little nervous about Desmond coming back. I think he would be better off coming back to school but he has impressed scouts and he might be not be worried about being a second round pick or a FA. It would suck if he didn’t come back but it is his decision to make. Either way he will always be a good, strong Frog.

which scouts? you are going to need to do more than shoot spot 3's to get drafted and as noted above the majority of the guys in the combine he is attending (which is no an nba sponsored combine) ended up on g-league or on a foreign contract. a small number ended up with 2-way g-league contracts which is a big deal.

a straight g-league contract pays $35,000 + potential bonus

a 2-way g-league contract is prorated based upon the number of days in the g-league and on an nba roster. g-league has a daily rate based upon a contract of just under $78,000 and the nba daily rate is based upon a contract in the area of $350,000.

the other option is overseas, but you aren't necessarily going to hit big dollars right out of the gate.

i am not sure i can see desmond raising his game in college to the point he would be a first round selection. he is a good athlete, but not a freak like some of the prospects at the nba combine and i think his best chance is going to be as a role player.

gamble is if you don't make a roster you lose the last year of college, but if that isn't important to you i guess you take the shot

Billy Clyde

No idea who the kid is listening to, but if they are telling him he is NBA-ready they are not his friend. SO many holes in his game. If he lands with a team after NEXT year, he will do no more than 5 minutes a game for his first 2 years, unless something dramatic changes in the meantime, something we haven't seen so far. I hate banging on a TCU kid because he seems like a solid guy, but come on.

Rose Bowl

which scouts? you are going to need to do more than shoot spot 3's to get drafted and as noted above the majority of the guys in the combine he is attending (which is no an nba sponsored combine) ended up on g-league or on a foreign contract. a small number ended up with 2-way g-league contracts which is a big deal.

a straight g-league contract pays $35,000 + potential bonus

a 2-way g-league contract is prorated based upon the number of days in the g-league and on an nba roster. g-league has a daily rate based upon a contract of just under $78,000 and the nba daily rate is based upon a contract in the area of $350,000.

the other option is overseas, but you aren't necessarily going to hit big dollars right out of the gate.

i am not sure i can see desmond raising his game in college to the point he would be a first round selection. he is a good athlete, but not a freak like some of the prospects at the nba combine and i think his best chance is going to be as a role player.

gamble is if you don't make a roster you lose the last year of college, but if that isn't important to you i guess you take the shot

If you don’t think there were scouts at this event then I don’t know what to tell you. Des isn’t a great player but that doesn’t mean he can’t play at the next level. For sure he isn’t a first round kid but he’s done well in the agility drills and has shown to be a very proficient shooter so I don’t understand why all the hurt feelings. He might just want to try a new challenge or he could just be tired of school.

I want him to come back as much as anyone but it is his decision. I’m not sure how much better he’s going to get by coming back. If I’m honest he might get better coaching in the G League that could help him more than what he would get by staying.

StinnettFrog

I think he has a shot, but being practical the degree is much closer to a sure thing and one more year would improve his chances I would think. Either way he has been great for TCU and wish him luck either way.

Froggish

Well if you’re Bane you got 2 options..

1.Step out and bet on yourself even though you have the odds against you...

2. return and be the man in what by all accounts will be a pretty average basketball team next year...

Bane may just be thinking he doesn’t want to come back take a whole lot of whippings next year..

MTfrog5

Well if you’re Bane you got 2 options..

1.Step out and bet on yourself even though you have the odds against you...

2. return and be the man in what by all accounts will be a pretty average basketball team next year...

Bane may just be thinking he doesn’t want to come back take a whole lot of whippings next year..
Think we will be a lot better than people think. Would love to see Bane and Fuller play together. Really wish Bane would have hit some of those open jumpers like the combine instead of disappearing for long stretches of the game.

Eight

If you don’t think there were scouts at this event then I don’t know what to tell you. Des isn’t a great player but that doesn’t mean he can’t play at the next level. For sure he isn’t a first round kid but he’s done well in the agility drills and has shown to be a very proficient shooter so I don’t understand why all the hurt feelings. He might just want to try a new challenge or he could just be tired of school.

I want him to come back as much as anyone but it is his decision. I’m not sure how much better he’s going to get by coming back. If I’m honest he might get better coaching in the G League that could help him more than what he would get by staying.

i never said there weren't nba scouts at this event and i sure as hell don't have hurt feelings about what the kid chooses to do with his life from this point.

what i have said all along and provided links to information from the combine itself that this is a lower level combine that has been in existence for 3 years. no player who has attended this combine has been drafted by the nba.

i have also said more than once that this combine draws scouts from the g-league, overseas, and some overseas leagues. they have had players signed to summer league contracts and 10 have signed 2-way contracts between the g-league and the nba.

best of luck to desmond and i agree with the thought that i am not sure how much his game improves if he comes back, additionally does anyone know how close he is to graduating. possible he has more than a couple of semesters before he could graduate.

in the end though he better get ready to grind if he wants to make the nba and doesn't go in the draft. kenrich did it by hustling his ass off in the summer league and even with that he did split some time with a g-league team.

pat beverly is the poster child for betting on yourself and that took him to the ukraine, greece, russia and a g-league team in the rio grande valley over 5 years before he got his chance.

PurplePop2014

ESPN’s @jeffborzello reported that George Mason Grad Transfer Jaire Grayer committed to TCU today. Grayer is a 6’5” guard.

If the Taryn Todd commitment is a 2019 commitment, TCU is two players over the limit in 2019.

PurplePop2014

Here are the 15 current scholarship assignments, by my count:

SR (3): Bane, Dennis & Grayer
SO (7): Davis, Samuel, Nembhard, Mayen, Barlow, LeDee & Easley
FR (5): Fuller, Farabello, Smith, Pearson & Todd

I guess two of these names will not be on the 2019-2020 scholarship roster.

Mavsman53

Todd was listed as a Sr. on maxpreps for Findlay. However, on the their team website, he is listed as a Jr.

Whether we are now at 14 or 15 players, this could mean someone is transferring out, or that a commit did not qualify

Eight

I like the fact that he can shoot it. Just wonder if he’s healthy.

career .401 fg percentage, .350 from 3-pt, and .692 from ft.

he only played 7 games last year and only took 35 3's so that .405 is based upon a pretty small sample size.

97 career assists to 158 career turnovers.

i am curious what is happening with the roster. second senior guard who isn't shy about shooting the ball, but has twice shot less than .400 from the field. not 3-pt from the field period.

players can and have improved parts of their game and the staff want he and dennis. curious what it means for the roster because as pointed out frogs are over the number.

Rose Bowl

If I’m honest I like this Grayer kid more than Dennis. Word is he’s a pretty good defender and his shot improved significantly his last year. Problem is he’s had injuries and we really don’t want to go down that road again.

Hell Sent Frog

Coach Dixon is adjusting to the ever-increasing usage of the transfer portal.
You take as many graduate transfers that you can get that you like and have a scholarship for.
GTs can play right away, they are older, more experienced, good students who have already graduated and they are only a one season risk.

Last edited:

Eight

This is the most confusing offseason ever. In the history of ever. I’m going to check out and wait for the big roster reveal on opening night.

vlcsnap-2011-09-21-11h47m33s0.png