• The KillerFrogs

Briles Potentially Back

ShreveFrog

The Superintendent says it was a unanimous 7-0 vote by the board. Yes, they have sold their soul. They won't care what the news or social media say over a holiday weekend, or if some Bible thumpers march around their office. Unless some boosters pull back their checkbooks and lead some kind of community wide boycott, and pressure the elected trustees, I can't imagine Briles not being on the sideline in Mt. Vernon. Sick.

Hemingway

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few days, both in and from outside their community. It's been said that America is a forgiving country and many people who have found themselves involved in untoward situations have at least made the effort to apologize to those who were hurt as a result of their conduct. Even if it's not always sincere, they at least go through the process of publicly falling on their sword. Uncle Art never bothered to even pretend to show some contrition which I think says quite a lot about who and what he is.

If you think about it, I don’t think Briles was even was at liberty to speak to the situation to a large degree other than a general denial because of contractual reasons and threats from the Baylor’s board. Not like he could start an apology tour and begin admitting things etc.

He probably was told to take the $ and sthu. And thinking he’d never coach again he wisely took the $. You’d probably take the 15-10 million too.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
If you think about it, I don’t think Briles was even was at liberty to speak to the situation to a large degree other than a general denial because of contractual reasons and threats from the Baylor’s board. Not like he could start an apology tour and begin admitting things etc.

He probably was told to take the $ and sthu. And thinking he’d never coach again he wisely took the $. You’d probably take the 15-10 million too.
But he didn’t just shut up now did he? Nope. Not at all.

Purp

I would never run a program so dirty I could be implicated in the scandal so the choice of taking the money would never be presented. I'd still have my job and reputation in tact.

Briles let his players get away with literally anything they wanted in order to keep/get them eligible. If repeated gang rapes in your program get covered up with your knowledge you're the lowest form of humanity. Darn that guy.

Frogenstein

No, he didn’t. He even used one of the victim’s for leverage in his negotiations with Baylor. Briles promised to meet with her (BU knew this and she was suing Baylor at the time) and then he cut off all contact with her after Baylor gave him what he wanted.

netty2424

Wonder if he’s getting the band back together bringing in tape fingers as the OC, Phil Bennett as DC, and Kaz as the steroid pusher!

Interesting take... not really. You know, there's a big difference between admitting liability and expressing sympathy for those who suffered harm. It's also the decent thing to do. He's not a decent guy so it didn't happen.

As for me accepting the $, I wouldn't be in the position of having to send a text to another coach wondering why any woman was hanging around the "bad dude's" that I had recruited to my team and kept on my campus to the detriment of those women.

I like to win as much as the next guy and have some tolerance for young people making mistakes but know the difference between youthful poor judgments and condoning the absolute trash that was prevalent in that program.

SuperTFrog

Am I the only one who thinks about the Paperboy song “Ditty” when I hear about Mt Vernon? I know that is almost certainly the case...just wanted to confirm.

Dusty

It’s confirmed.

What a trash move by Mount Vernon. Superintendent should lose his job. If you have a daughter that goes to school there this has to make you unhappy.

If you actually bought that story out of Baylor, that Briles was behind all of those coverups and they still paid him $18M, then I have some ocean front property you might be interested in purchasing in Kentucky.

Dusty

ESPN radio just ripped on them for 10 minutes. It's gone national.

What kills me is they (being the high school) will try to spin this as a redemption story. It's therefore important to remember that at no point has Art Briles apologized or shown remorse for his actions, instead taking the position that he is a victim. It's pathetic.

If you actually believed what the Baylor senior management along with the BOR said, your not a critical thinker. Baylor paid Briles $18M when they cut him loose, but he had to sign a ND to get the money. Doesn't that raise any red flags for you. Also, how many of the current lawsuits include Briles, ZERO, but they sure involve the Baylor senior management. Baylors management has been covering up sexual assaults for 30 years, even their Title IX director stated that the COO was blocking her investigations. She came out and said that during her two years there, that this was a campus problem not a football problem, then the BOR attached her. Wake up, use your brains for gods sake, don't be a puppet. As for ESPN, they suck as bad as CNN, all BS, just political hacks.

Last edited:

Dusty

In the end, it was over $18M including lawyers fees. Your right about the fact that he had a non disclosure to keep him quiet, That is why he has never spoken about it publicly. If Briles actually was covering up rapes, do you think Baylor would have paid him a cent. Folks need to wake up and catch up. It has already come out in discovery that Baylor's senior management ran a systematic coverup and shaming process for nearly 30 years. When the coverup was first exposed, the BOR hired a PR firm to run a smear campaign to blame it on football. It did not matter who the coach was, that person was going to take the blame. It has also come out that the Finding of Facts that Baylor has pushed as the final product from Pepper Hamilton, was actually written by three members of the Baylor BOR. Y'all need to catch up with what has been happening since all of this came out. The PR push to blame the football program is blowing up in Baylor's face. Its about to cost Baylor a lot more than just money. I will be surprised if Baylor is a part of the Big 12 come the next shuffling of conference members. But to continue to blame Art Briles is just foolish. It makes the individual that is doing it look just, well you get the idea.

Dusty

Look, everyone, a rape apologist.

AHHH, NO, I had a daughter go through this at another university in Texas. She ended up walking away from a scholarship because the school refused to deal with it. I for one, would loved to have brought charges against the school administrators. If you think a football coach has the ability to cover up rapes on a campus wide basis, your a fool. 95% of all the sexual assaults on the Baylor campus were done by the student body, not by members of any athletic program, including football. A universities administration handles this stuff, and there in lies the problem with Baylor. I can't believe y'all are this foolish and can't figure this out for yourselves. What good is a college education if you can't think for yourselves. Good grief, no wonder our nation is in trouble.