• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Chongo94

I’ll have to check out the third one (John Wick) next week then. They are awesome.

Most accurate headshot contract killer of all time I bet haha.

SwissArmyFrog

Last couple of weeks my wife and I have watched an older film and a newer one.

"The French Connection" (Gene Hackman, Roy Scheider). Great flick.

"Fighting with my Family". VERY pleasant surprise about an English family involved in small-time local wrestling, and their daughter gets an opportunity to go to a 'camp' in Florida where she could be picked to be a big-time wrestler. Very enjoyable!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Enjoyed the hell out of The Highwaymen. Very good stuff.

As for John Wick, the first one was fun from a pure action standpoint. Keanu Reeves couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag, but these films don't ask him to do anything outside his limited range. Good. What is cool is that he has really gotten into shooting and has actually trained with some outstanding teachers. Makes the film look somewhat less hokey...

Eight

Enjoyed the hell out of The Highwaymen. Very good stuff.

As for John Wick, the first one was fun from a pure action standpoint. Keanu Reeves couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag, but these films don't ask him to do anything outside his limited range. Good. What is cool is that he has really gotten into shooting and has actually trained with some outstanding teachers. Makes the film look somewhat less hokey...

tumblr_otdg4yDV451wn97huo1_500.gif

how dare you good sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! notice the sublte variations in his expression during this scene at the end of the classic 47 ronin

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
tumblr_otdg4yDV451wn97huo1_500.gif

how dare you good sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! notice the sublte variations in his expression during this scene at the end of the classic 47 ronin
Getting married, peeing, having his foot twisted off in a clothes dryer: There's the look.

TooColdU

I watched The Highwaymen a few nights ago based on a recommend here. I thought it was very well done. It makes me feel old to see Woody Harrelson playing the part of the "old guy."

If it helps, he just played Archie Bunker in some ABC nostalgic special tonight.

Horned Toad

You Are Dead To Me on Netflix is pretty funny. Christina Applegate...
My wife and I started watching this based off your recommendation. I was just bumping along watching a chick flick until the first episode ended. I was like hmm...damn. Then the same thing happened at the end of the second episode. We are hooked now. Just finished the sixth episode last night. Amazingly quirky show.

Frog-in-law1995

My wife and I started watching this based off your recommendation. I was just bumping along watching a chick flick until the first episode ended. I was like hmm...damn. Then the same thing happened at the end of the second episode. We are hooked now. Just finished the sixth episode last night. Amazingly quirky show.

Watched the first episode the other night and can’t believe it got where it did so quickly. Seems like that’s more a 2-3 season arc. Will watch ep. 2 soon. Seems like a show I’ll find enjoyable for a while.