• The KillerFrogs

Here we go again.... SR alleges mistreatment

Casey T

I disagree with everyone brushing this off as being not that big of a deal because "he just wants to play right away."

That is probably the reason, but almost none of the other players who applied for a waiver are alleging mistreatment. Fields may be the only one I can think of and his is documented (though weak) and well known.

This is disrespectful to TCU and I hope his waiver fails and then he fails for being such a prick. Alleging mistreatment is a [ muschi ] way to get a waiver if you weren't mistreated, but actually given more than enough chances to shine

Eight

If I'm being honest neither should get a waiver. That said, if Martel got one then Baldwin should easily get one since they're using the exact same reasoning related to the exact same head coach on the exact same team. IMO it's extremely weak reasoning, but the NCAA doesn't appear to care. Coaches get fired and leave for other positions all the time. Granting immediate eligibility waivers b/c coaches leave opens up the door to players following coaches to their new programs en masse. I think this precedent by the NCAA is an ugly slippery slope and we've only hit the tip of the iceberg on how ridiculous this transfer fiasco is about to get.

The SR rationale is different, though. I totally understand him wanting to gain immediate eligibility, but lying as a means to that end is a very big distinction between SR and Baldwin. Since he can't say his coach left or the campus is racist (also very specious IMO) he's got to manufacture an excuse good enough that the NCAA will buy it. Since it involves character assassination of an active NCAA head coach I'd hope the NCAA would investigate this one more dutifully than the others they've granted. I don't have high hopes because NCAA, but if they grant this waiver for SR the NCAA will tacitly indict CGP as a player abuser. Before they grant such a waiver and indirectly make such a statement about the 2nd longest tenured head coach in FBS football they damn well better know for sure that SR was mistreated.

I think that's the reason people here are rightly opposed to SR getting his waiver while they'd support Baldwin's waiver.

no, we want the ncaa digging into this matter about as much as a taxpayer wants the irs asking to look into our personal tax records.

have we not learned from prior experience with the ncaa they do not act in the best interest of ALL member institutions and they have the balls to take a stand against the court of public opinion.

the worst thing that could happen is this thing become a public spectacle and if tcu digs in on this it will only get uglier.

ncaa created this problem letting the first [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] reason fly and do you really think they are about to take a stand?

the bigger question is if the reasons for the waiver request are supposed to be private how the hell did this get disclosed?

Frog-in-law1995

I disagree with everyone brushing this off as being not that big of a deal because "he just wants to play right away."

That is probably the reason, but almost none of the other players who applied for a waiver are alleging mistreatment. Fields may be the only one I can think of and his is documented (though weak) and well known.

This is disrespectful to TCU and I hope his waiver fails and then he fails for being such a prick. Alleging mistreatment is a [ muschi ] way to get a waiver if you weren't mistreated, but actually given more than enough chances to shine

It’s the only thing he can allege. Coaching staff is the same and he’s moving away from home.

Failing to measure up to the exacting standards of a TCU QB....Robinson realized that...."you gotta know when to

walk away....know when to run"

Mean Purple

From Horns247

lhorns 5051
21 minutes agovia Mobile
Robinson has something significant to gain by making that claim, I don't know any details and our society has hit such a whiny/wimpy stage, so my inclination is to take that with a grain of salt.

Listenbee didn't have anything to gain that I'm aware of.

I will say this - wouldn't it be a shame if that was used against Patterson in recruiting.God knows he would NEVER negatively recruit.....

Glass houses Fat Pat.”
scheiss that [ Finebaum ] hole in Austin.

TX_Krötenechse

As someone said, there’s nothing else he can say. He can’t plead homesickness as he’s moving away, the offensive coaching staff is all the same, etc. Maybe he should’ve claimed that some frat boys called him racist names

WhatTheFrog

If Patterson was such a piece of crap coach, why does he have so many former players come back to spend time with him and the team? It's not like he's paying these guys to come back and be involved, so it must be something else.

I think it comes down to some people realize that tough treatment is meant to make you tougher and better, and some take it personally and end up with resentment. At one time, I thought my dad was a total arse, always riding and criticizing me for things. Now that I'm a bit seasoned, I realize that he saw abilities in me that were not being realized and he just wanted me to get off my arse and put those abilities to use. A lot of the players that he probably rode more than others now realize the method to the madness and appreciate what he did for them, so they return. That's my theory, anyway.

tcudoc

If Patterson was such a piece of crap coach, why does he have so many former players come back to spend time with him and the team? It's not like he's paying these guys to come back and be involved, so it must be something else.

I think it comes down to some people realize that tough treatment is meant to make you tougher and better, and some take it personally and end up with resentment. At one time, I thought my dad was a total arse, always riding and criticizing me for things. Now that I'm a bit seasoned, I realize that he saw abilities in me that were not being realized and he just wanted me to get off my arse and put those abilities to use. A lot of the players that he probably rode more than others now realize the method to the madness and appreciate what he did for them, so they return. That's my theory, anyway.
I always figured they came back to borrow money.

Latest posts