• The KillerFrogs

Sewo arrested, controlled substance

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Yeah, I’m sure plenty. It’s all subjective. There are millions of people that smoke weed who never dabble in other drugs. A lot of those heroin deaths were probably ppl who were injured and were prescribed pain killers and it progressed from there. Weed doesn’t make you want to try other drugs. The person wants to try other drugs.

The prescription pain pills to heroin is a natural progression because they have similar chemistry and act on similar parts of the brain. That makes sense. Weed progressing to other drugs doesn’t even make sense - weed you usually just want to chill, so you’re not going to say oh I want a bit more of that feeling, so let me go rip some white line - that is going to elevate my heart rate, adrenaline pump, and not be able to sleep for a bit.
Well put.

Ron Swanson

Yep. Addiction is horrible. Do you suppose there is a single person among those heroin deaths that didn’t get their start smoking weed? And no, I’m not saying they were addicted to grass. Just tossing out a question...
They may or may not have gotten their start smoking weed, but there’s that whole causation and correlation thing.

Do you think that maybe the type of person who is likely to get into heroin is also likely to smoke weed? Could you then suppose that the fact that they started smoking weed first had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they eventually started shooting heroin?

FWIW, I have a ton of highly successful friends (almost all with families, all in their 30’s and 40’s) who smoke weed. Some just occasionally, some every day. It has become much more common place... a lot of people now do it to relax after work instead of drinking.

DeuceBoogieNights

Dude, butt your head up against science all you want. But doctors say the same thing.
Look, if you want to be a stoner, yeah, well, that's on you. But don't try and play it that there are no effects on health. Look, hooking up with a string of hookers in Taipei is likely fun for some as well, but realize that your likely to come away with something other that the thrill if you gamble at that table too much.

What a terrible analogy. Go sit on your porch old man.

HFrog1999

Weed and Beer are dangerous, man

TGaB.gif

McFroggin

Yeah, I’m sure plenty. It’s all subjective. There are millions of people that smoke weed who never dabble in other drugs. A lot of those heroin deaths were probably ppl who were injured and were prescribed pain killers and it progressed from there. Weed doesn’t make you want to try other drugs. The person wants to try other drugs.

The prescription pain pills to heroin is a natural progression because they have similar chemistry and act on similar parts of the brain. That makes sense. Weed progressing to other drugs doesn’t even make sense - weed you usually just want to chill, so you’re not going to say oh I want a bit more of that feeling, so let me go rip some white line - that is going to elevate my heart rate, adrenaline pump, and not be able to sleep for a bit.

Current medical knowledge disagrees with you.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

Ah, but I was not stating ‘a’ causes ‘c’ as fact. Merely wondering if there were any dead c’s that did not do ‘a’ first. I’m guessing some dead heroin users never used pot.

I know not all cannabis users progressed up the chain, because I’m still alive. But then, the stuff always gave me sore throat for some reason.

TX_Krötenechse

Ah, but I was not stating ‘a’ causes ‘c’ as fact. Merely wondering if there were any dead c’s that did not do ‘a’ first. I’m guessing some dead heroin users never used pot.

I know not all cannabis users progressed up the chain, because I’m still alive. But then, the stuff always gave me sore throat for some reason.
Don’t [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] because you were wrong (both from a statistical and logical POV). You asked that question with a very clear purpose of implying that weed leads to heroin use.

tcudoc

I think we will likely discover that weed leads to a profound level of apathy. Most will work through it but I think we will see a higher level of people who have no ambition to do anything and will be happy to choose to live off of the hard work of others.

Bob

I think we will likely discover that weed leads to a profound level of apathy. Most will work through it but I think we will see a higher level of people who have no ambition to do anything and will be happy to choose to live off of the hard work of others.
Don't know about that. Weed is expenisive. I always had to work in order to make enough money to afford it.