• The KillerFrogs

Here we go again.... SR alleges mistreatment

Punter1

This darning [ Finebaum ] is gonna make Texas Wesleyan think twice about taking his call in a couple years...

3 high schools in 4 years....gotta think it's a slam dunk he gets to at least 3 colleges in 5 or 6 years.

He's probably gonna be the first SOB to transfer and seek immediate eligibility and 3 years later apply for a 6th year for some other BS...

Hell Sent Frog

Shawn wants the opportunity to play in four games and still be able to redshirt.
He played in the Mizzou Spring Game and perhaps has bounced back fully from his injury. With all of these other players transferring to other teams and getting a waiver, he wants his too.
Why should TCU's new QB transfer from Ohio State be able to seek a waiver but Robinson shouldn't be allowed to?
It's just too bad that Shawn and his family are apparently ready to bend and twist the truth about why he left the Horned Frogs. But he and his family really do not care about TCU anymore and do not see it as a big deal, everyone else is getting away with it.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

From Horns247

lhorns 5051
21 minutes agovia Mobile
Robinson has something significant to gain by making that claim, I don't know any details and our society has hit such a whiny/wimpy stage, so my inclination is to take that with a grain of salt.

Listenbee didn't have anything to gain that I'm aware of.

I will say this - wouldn't it be a shame if that was used against Patterson in recruiting.God knows he would NEVER negatively recruit.....

Glass houses Fat Pat.”

Frog-in-law1995

From Horns247

lhorns 5051
21 minutes agovia Mobile
Robinson has something significant to gain by making that claim, I don't know any details and our society has hit such a whiny/wimpy stage, so my inclination is to take that with a grain of salt.

Listenbee didn't have anything to gain that I'm aware of.

I will say this - wouldn't it be a shame if that was used against Patterson in recruiting.God knows he would NEVER negatively recruit.....

Glass houses Fat Pat.”

Is pointing out that UT’s coach is the world’s largest Brilesbag really negative recruiting if it’s true?

CardFrog

Having been to many Mizzou games and living in Mizzou territory I can promise you those fans won't be as patient as we were. Everyone up here is asking me why the &^%$ did Mizzou take him. They are not that excited about him....now Bryant, that's a different story.

SuperTFrog

Classic Mizzou sports.

Mark Smith (a star basketball player who underachieved in college) transferred from Illinois and alleged mistreatment from Brad Underwood as a way to play immediately. Underwood (who's known for coaching hard, somtimes cussing, but loving hard too) was cleared, but Mark Smith got to play.

Shawn Robinson (a star football player who underachived in college) transferred from TCU and alleged mistreatment from Gary Patterson as a way to play immediately. Patterson (who's known for coaching hard, sometimes cussing, but loving hard too) will be cleared, but they want Shawn to play.

Helicopter/Lawnmower parents who want to solve problems for their kids rather than teach them to work through adversity. I'm a high school teacher and seeing the same thing happening to HS sports, one misstep and you have parents all over you. How dare you give Johnny a zero for an assignment he didn't turn in?

Now get off my lawn.
Cool story. But seriously, why did you give Johnny a zero? Regionals are next week.

Purp

Shawn wants the opportunity to play in four games and still be able to redshirt.
He played in the Mizzou Spring Game and perhaps has bounced back fully from his injury. With all of these other players transferring to other teams and getting a waiver, he wants his too.
Why should TCU's new QB transfer from Ohio State be able to seek a waiver but Robinson shouldn't be allowed to?
It's just too bad that Shawn and his family are apparently ready to bend and twist the truth about why he left the Horned Frogs. But he and his family really do not care about TCU anymore and do not see it as a big deal, everyone else is getting away with it.
If I'm being honest neither should get a waiver. That said, if Martel got one then Baldwin should easily get one since they're using the exact same reasoning related to the exact same head coach on the exact same team. IMO it's extremely weak reasoning, but the NCAA doesn't appear to care. Coaches get fired and leave for other positions all the time. Granting immediate eligibility waivers b/c coaches leave opens up the door to players following coaches to their new programs en masse. I think this precedent by the NCAA is an ugly slippery slope and we've only hit the tip of the iceberg on how ridiculous this transfer fiasco is about to get.

The SR rationale is different, though. I totally understand him wanting to gain immediate eligibility, but lying as a means to that end is a very big distinction between SR and Baldwin. Since he can't say his coach left or the campus is racist (also very specious IMO) he's got to manufacture an excuse good enough that the NCAA will buy it. Since it involves character assassination of an active NCAA head coach I'd hope the NCAA would investigate this one more dutifully than the others they've granted. I don't have high hopes because, well... NCAA, but if they grant this waiver for SR the NCAA will tacitly indict CGP as a player abuser. Before they grant such a waiver and indirectly make such a statement about the 2nd longest tenured head coach in FBS football they damn well better know for sure that SR was mistreated.

I think that's the reason people here are rightly opposed to SR getting his waiver while they'd support Baldwin's waiver.

Last edited: