• The KillerFrogs

Sewo arrested, controlled substance

Mean Purple

Brog's point may have been that, as everyone knows the devil's lettuce is illegal, then don't go down that road.

There is not a player on the roster is is unaware about the law on this.

Or Brog may just be a health nut.

For those that do partake in the loco of landscape, just make sure you don't need surgery soon.

Froginbedford

Now that we're all experts on probable cause, let's move on. This happens at every program every year.

We recoiled at the statement few years ago that drug tests at TCU would result in disqualification of more than 3/4 of the football team....But the modern-day reality is that probably 90 per cent of all athletes in every sport toke at least on occasion....It's the culture and the times and when it is ultimately legalized, us mid- to-senior agers will be dumbfounded at the public use of herbals by so many who wear athletic uniforms....

Frog-in-law1995

We recoiled at the statement few years ago that drug tests at TCU would result in disqualification of more than 3/4 of the football team....But the modern-day reality is that probably 90 per cent of all athletes in every sport toke at least on occasion....It's the culture and the times and when it is ultimately legalized, us mid- to-senior agers will be dumbfounded at the public use of herbals by so many who wear athletic uniforms....

90% in every sport? Yeeaaaah, I’m gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.

Billy Clyde

Your privilege...but weed is no longer a demon drug in the eyes of those 30 y/o and younger....

I won't pretend to know numbers, but if you just look at how the NFL has responded to the issue over the last few years (appearing to greatly soften their stance), I think we are relatively close to having marijuana in some form being legitimized as a training tool for recovery from pain and injury. Sure seems like the players already believe it to be worthwhile.

Eight

I'll take your bet while we wait on actual numbers.

smokey-friday-gif-7.gif

Chico Dusty

Ask me again in a couple hours.

90% might be a bit high, but I would wager over 50 and possibly higher (pun created but no pun intended) than that.

I talked to a friend that was in the NBA for 15 years and he said probably 75% of the league smoked. I also asked a friend who played in the NFL and is currently a NFL (who currently smokes) coach and he said it was well over half.