• The KillerFrogs

Colonial Thread

flyfishingfrog

My favorite place to perch is on number 9. Lots of big numbers there when the flag is on the front edge.:cool:
then you are going to love the new seating arrangement at 9 - chairbacks and a open deck behind them with tables for drinking...

Going to be interesting to see how the additional noise affects people teeing off at 1

Schwab really helped Colonial step up the game regarding stands and public areas this year

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I have never seen a state population so addicted to running their lawn mowers 24/7. I guess there is not much else to do.

Actually, pretty much the Same things to do as any other place, just a more unsophisticated population than many places I’ve lived, but then I’ve only been through Waco and never lived there...

Limp Lizard

then you are going to love the new seating arrangement at 9 - chairbacks and a open deck behind them with tables for drinking...

Going to be interesting to see how the additional noise affects people teeing off at 1

Schwab really helped Colonial step up the game regarding stands and public areas this year

I marshaled at #9 the last three years. Taking off this year, though. That is the toughest marshaling assignment: #9 fairway, #9 green, #10 tee, #1 tee, players crossing from #9 green to #10 tee, players walking through #10 tee from putting green to #1 tee. And the mob of people moving all around that area (including the drunks staggering through from #13 late in the day). Makes me tired just talking about it. Best memory was meeting Doug Sanders who was hanging around #10 tee on Wednesday...told a pretty good dirty joke which I have forgotten:oops:.

If I spring for a ticket and go this year, I'll check out the changes.

Mean Purple

That area behind the 9 green has always been so busy. The set up you describe should be interesting.

Mean Purple

I marshaled at #9 the last three years. Taking off this year, though. That is the toughest marshaling assignment: #9 fairway, #9 green, #10 tee, #1 tee, players crossing from #9 green to #10 tee, players walking through #10 tee from putting green to #1 tee. And the mob of people moving all around that area (including the drunks staggering through from #13 late in the day). Makes me tired just talking about it. Best memory was meeting Doug Sanders who was hanging around #10 tee on Wednesday...told a pretty good dirty joke which I have forgotten:oops:.

If I spring for a ticket and go this year, I'll check out the changes.
Odds are I have gone through there when you were working. Great job, sir. I'm amazed at how well they volunteers handle that area. Never really seen any patrons get out of hand there, but I am not there as much as you were. So can only imagine.

I'm always careful and keep my from just standing near that wall through. I dont want to be the side story on golf channel.

flyfishingfrog

That area behind the 9 green has always been so busy. The set up you describe should be interesting.
I think the big difference this year is that normally the walkway by the first tee is full of people watching the guys tee off - or at least aware someone is teeing off if they are just walking to the horseshoe or to leave.

But now there is a platform about the same level as the tee box where people will be sitting and in theory - could be watching the 9th green instead of the 1st tee - and thus not even aware they are being loud at the wrong time.

Should be exciting.

Brog

Would really be inhumane to expect a professional golfer to tee off when 40 yards away someone was making noise.

flyfishingfrog

Would really be inhumane to expect a professional golfer to tee off when 40 yards away someone was making noise.
its more like 40 feet or maybe 25 honestly - and it typically is not the noise with these guys if it is constant or generic - it is the one idiot that screams "you the man" at the top of a back swing or snaps an audible picture as they start the downswing that is the problem.

Those were the reasons for taking out the tent between the tees at 13 last year

Bob Sugar

its more like 40 feet or maybe 25 honestly - and it typically is not the noise with these guys if it is constant or generic - it is the one idiot that screams "you the man" at the top of a back swing or snaps an audible picture as they start the downswing that is the problem.

Those were the reasons for
UncommonSoulfulGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

tees at 13 last year

FIFY

Mean Purple

Those were the reasons for taking out the tent between the tees at 13 last year
you forgot "where's wex"

Mean Purple

Folks need to check back in with this thread and let us know where the best beer tents are. I'm guessing the usual tents will be in their normal spots.

Also, does anybody sell margaritas there? scotch? rum?

Never really took the time to look.
Meaning until last year, I was successful on getting a flask in.