• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I think Nolan Ryan was the last pro baseball player that I really cared about. Jake Arietta doesn’t count because I still care about the TCU players in the pros.

Players more recent than Johnny Bench, I have a hard time caring about. The Big Red Machine was my team back in the 70’s and I didn’t really care for many pro teams after that. The Rangers were my hometown team, so I followed them a little.

I really like the older players from the 50’s-70’s.

Ken Griffey Jr. and Chipper Jones were the last players that I cared about watching other than the Rangers. Went to every Mariners game I could before they traded him to the Reds.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Speaking of the Rangers, their bullpen might be as bad(or worse) as TCU's was this year. Almost blew an 8 run lead tonight in the last 2 innings. That's at least the second time this year that the bullpen turned a blowout into a close game, not to mention all the blown saves they have already.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

My wife and I ate at LeColonial in Chicago a few years ago. She really liked it. It’s French Vietnamese. It was on Rush street but somebody told me they have moved around the corner or somewhere nearby the original location. They have opened locations in NYC and maybe Houston but Chicago is the original.

Vietnamese is probably my favorite type of food, eat it once a week or so. So many good spots down here and it’s cheap.

I think i know the place you’re talking about. It’s in the galleria area next to where I had dinner tonight, actually.... Steak 48

I went there for a work dinner and it was fantastic. Highly recommend if you ever get the chance.

Haven’t been to that Colonial place but have heard it’s good. Haven’t been to many fancy Vietnamese restaurants, mostly just standard $10-12 for lunch kinda places.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Vietnamese is probably my favorite type of food, eat it once a week or so. So many good spots down here and it’s cheap.

I think i know the place you’re talking about. It’s in the galleria area next to where I had dinner tonight, actually.... Steak 48

I went there for a work dinner and it was fantastic. Highly recommend if you ever get the chance.

Haven’t been to that Colonial place but have heard it’s good. Haven’t been to many fancy Vietnamese restaurants, mostly just standard $10-12 for lunch kinda places.

Might have been like this back in the day too, not sure, but nowadays TCU has one of the highest porportions of students from Vietnam of any University in the U.S.

One of my classmates I just graduated withs Aunt and Uncle run a place in H-Town, I'll try to get the name of it.

Purp

Only because you still care. I wish I did. Something happened to me in my early 40s tj where I just give zero [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s about pro sports. Even baseball, whose athletes I revered like Gods in the 80s.
It's happening to me the last couple of years. I think it's mostly 2 factors.

1) Kid playing sports 2-3 nights a week keeps me from following as closely as I used to and I'm totally fine with it.
2) We are more involved at our church than in the past working with youth.

Those are two pretty big time commitments that take a lot of time away from the sports I follow. As much as I enjoyed sports my whole life I find those things even more enjoyable and rewarding.

All that said, I think I'll always care enough to have opinions on matters such as this.

talor

I was in the H for my bday last month. We went to steak 48 and it was damn good. My friend's wife is a vegetarian and its her favorite place just because of the sides!