• The KillerFrogs

OT - best steakhouse in FW?

YA

Del Friscos or Eddie V's. This is Colonial week. Del Friscos will be hard to get in.
According to opentable, del frisco’s, capital grille and B&B all have availability on Friday and Saturday nights for parties of 4 in the 7-9 pm timeframe.

Frog-in-law1995

I cannot get over the candied carrot on the plate. The Fort Worth location at the Omni is rather bland for steakhouse interior.

Yes I’m a steakhouse snob, lol.

The one on Lemmon is great. I’ve been the one in FW a couple times and it wasn’t my favorite, but it’s been several years.

YA

The one on Lemmon is great. I’ve been the one in FW a couple times and it wasn’t my favorite, but it’s been several years.
The lemon location is where I meet my wife. No kidding we meet at the bar before dinner in 2001. I invited her and her friends to my table and it has been fun since then. I still don’t like their presentation.

Did you know that the lemon bob’s is the original location of del frisco’s? The red rose stained glass was the original del’s promotional gesture as each female patron got a rose for a time.

BABYFACE

At what temp? Do you cover the pit while cooking? How close are the coals to the steak? All mistakes I seem to make.
I don’t know if there is any right way. I cook at about 5-6 inches below grill but extremely hot fire. 70% oak with 30% mesquite. Pre-charred hardwood. I cook with lid on a giant Weber that is mounted on a cart. I sear at 4-6 minutes per side depending on thickness of steak. 4-5 minutes per side on 2 finger thick and 6 minutes on a 3 finger thick cut. I eat a steak medium rare.

Another way, especially on thicker cuts is build your fire on one side of the grill and 3-4 minutes on side and finish on indirect heat with lid down. Use temp probe until you get your timing down.

Always rest meat for 5 minutes after coming off the grill no matter how you cook it.

My way is to always have a hot fire. You cannot do that on a gas grill unless you have you with an infrared burner that get hots enough to sear the steak, then finish on regular burner or indirect next to infrared burner(my preference).

Frog-in-law1995

The lemon location is where I meet my wife. No kidding we meet at the bar before dinner in 2001. I invited her and her friends to my table and it has been fun since then. I still don’t like their presentation.

Did you know that the lemon bob’s is the original location of del frisco’s? The red rose stained glass was the original del’s promotional gesture as each female patron got a rose for a time.

Didn’t know that...interesting . And I met my wife at the bar at Lonesome Dove. Similar story, sounds like.

Pics or it didnt happen.

GenXFrog

And probably weigh 400 pounds because of Perotti’s.

I miss Perotti's! For steaks, home is best.

Otherwise, the smoked tenderloin at Via Real in Las Colinas is my favorite. (With a Fran's special margarita.) Followed by Grace for food, atmosphere and fine wine and spirits selection.

If I'm wanting to show local flavor, I go blue collar at Heim's BBQ. It ain't steak. It is better.

I miss Perotti's! For steaks, home is best.

Otherwise, the smoked tenderloin at Via Real in Las Colinas is my favorite. (With a Fran's special margarita.) Followed by Grace for food, atmosphere and fine wine and spirits selection.

If I'm wanting to show local flavor, I go blue collar at Heim's BBQ. It ain't steak. It is better.

Lived in LC from '05-'10 and worked there from '05-'13. Ate at VR many a time. My grandparents' 60th and 65th wedding anniversary dinners were there.

What Up Toad

Del’s is my go-to. But Eddie V’s is probably my favorite.

I've been to most of these places listed as well, and Eddie V's is definitely one of my favorites. I know it's not in Fort Worth, but one of my other top 5 has to be Oceanaire. Don't know what it is about seafood restaurants making a good steak.

Frog-in-law1995

Honestly, I’d rather have the beef stroganoff at DF Grill than a steak at the main street steakhouse. It’s that freaking amazing. Just don’t tell me how many calories it has.

And since somebody brought up Dallas Co., Ill go ahead and throw out there that Fearing’s is our favorite place in DFW.

Honestly, I’d rather have the beef stroganoff at DF Grill than a steak at the main street steakhouse. It’s that freaking amazing. Just don’t tell me how many calories it has.

And since somebody brought up Dallas Co., Ill go ahead and throw out there that Fearing’s is our favorite place in DFW.

What do you call cows masturbating?