• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

2themax

I read he’s a 4.8 40 guy...That can’t be accurate. No way he has as many offers as he has at 4.8 RB. I don’t care how good his feet are.
Looks like a more athletic Emmitt Smith to me.

My wife has a great smile but she ain’t know model.

Your wife is not a model, but she fits what you need/want.
You're a blessed man.

Eight

We went hard after Haynes King and I think he was leaning LSU so we went another direction. Someone else feel free to correct me if I have bad info, I was only partly paying attention.

i think you are right that the frogs had (may still have an interest) in haynes king, but the family is from louisiana, heck half the longview staff is from louisiana, and i believe the current thought is if lsu offers haynes will be headed to baton rouge.

as froggish pointed out going into the summer the frogs roster at the quarterback position looks like this:

alex delton (sr)
mike collins (jr.)
justin rogers (rs-fr)
alex duggan (fr)
matt baldwin (rs-fr?)

eli williams (2020)

tricky part is no one knows how any of collins, rogers, duggan, and baldwin will play over an extended period of time because the longest any of them have played at the college level is the 4 starts collins had last year.

asleep003

i think you are right that the frogs had (may still have an interest) in haynes king, but the family is from louisiana, heck half the longview staff is from louisiana, and i believe the current thought is if lsu offers haynes will be headed to baton rouge.

as froggish pointed out going into the summer the frogs roster at the quarterback position looks like this:

alex delton (sr)
mike collins (jr.)
justin rogers (rs-fr)
alex duggan (fr)
matt baldwin (rs-fr?)

eli williams (2020)

tricky part is no one knows how any of collins, rogers, duggan, and baldwin will play over an extended period of time because the longest any of them have played at the college level is the 4 starts collins had last year.

Collins did show a lot of upside in his 2018 appearances, considering the poor line play and lack of/little to no NCAA game experience. The adjusted better line play and rushing game was after his injury. With his arm/feet/much cooler head(over Robinson's) … won't be upset if he comes out on top, during summer camp.

Last edited:

netty2424

Collins did show a lot of upside in his 2018 appearances, considering the poor line play and lack of/little to no NCAA game experience. The adjusted better line play and rushing game was after his injury. With his arm/feet/much cooler head(over Robinson's) … won't be upset if he comes out on top, during summer camp.
Put me in the camp of Collins being a solid back up at this level, few games to let Rogers/Baldwin heal up from an ankle or something along those lines.

He’s a starter at a mid level. He’s not going to get you into post season play, IMO.

CryptoMiner

Posted about him earlier but can’t locate. They have been on this kid awhile and offered this week

Jimmy Holiday of Madison MS QB runs a 4.38 40

CryptoMiner

Apparently Richardson got an offer from UT. Then GP retweeted his commitment tweet yesterday. Very subtle.

The bad news is UT apparently out on their top two RBs of those left and Richardson is now number 1. Also he is originally from San Antonio area and mom still has family there.

The good news is he knew the offer from UT was coming at the time. he committed to TCU.

Very underrated prospect and his offer list will continue to grow. UT is definitely the main threat but right now I think he is solid to the Frogs.

Froggish

The bad news is UT apparently out on their top two RBs of those left and Richardson is now number 1. Also he is originally from San Antonio area and mom still has family there.

The good news is he knew the offer from UT was coming at the time. he committed to TCU.

Very underrated prospect and his offer list will continue to grow. UT is definitely the main threat but right now I think he is solid to the Frogs.

This is why getting worked up about commitments when a kid can’t even sign for another 10 months is silly...There will be plenty of flips to and from us. We need to close strong in the last 90 days.

Eight

so is texas out on zach evans of gpns?

if so that would be very interesting as it would be the second year in a row they lost out on the top kid in the state after mensa made it well known the kid was a priority target for the horns.

Froggish

if so that would be very interesting as it would be the second year in a row they lost out on the top kid in the state after mensa made it well known the kid was a priority target for the horns.

We will find out who the real Mensa is this year...UT, while recruiting well, doesn’t look better then 8-4 on paper. If Ellinger wasn’t back it would look like a 5-6 win team...It will take a hell of a job to be better than last year.

Froggish

We will find out who the real Mensa is this year...UT, while recruiting well, doesn’t look better then 8-4 on paper. If Ellinger wasn’t back it would look like a 5-6 win team...It will take a hell of a job to be better than last year.

I’ll add that both UT and OU appear to have whiffed on 5 star RB Milton out of California. I’m sure both schools are doubling down on RBs. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if OU doesn’t also offer Richardson

FrogCoach84

Don’t know if it will stay this way but a UT coach fouled up that relationship a couple of weeks ago. They’ve got some serious work to repair that situation.