• The KillerFrogs

Kidnapping in Ryan Place / Fairmount

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
What an asinine, and obvious cop-hating statement.
But, one probably shouldn’t be surprised that you’d make a comment like that.

Especially when they just reported the truck, the police went in to haul him out. Not much danger in making a phone call, although commendable, pretty much what I hope anyone would do.

Bob Sugar

Citizen patrol found her.....in Forest Hill??
That’s not near Fairmount, is it?
That’s a heckuva large perimeter unless the vehicle was spotted in the area.
This is the part that strikes me as odd. If I was driving around to find a girl taken in Ryan Place, I am not sure I would ever end up looking in Hotel parking lots in Forest Hill.

benson32

An online tip to check a hotel in Forest Park?
Fort Worth leaders and residents Sunday embraced a good Samaritan credited with leading police to a kidnapping victim and the man accused of snatching her from her mother's arms.

Jeff King is a care admissions pastor at Bear Creek Bible Church.

King received a hero's welcome in Fort Worth on Sunday evening.

"I feel like God allowed me to be a tool," he said.

King said when he found out that a childhood friend's little girl had been kidnapped, he knew he had to do something.

"When I went to help I was really flying blind," he said.

King said he asked a plain-clothed detective how he could help.

"He just said... look at parks, apartment buildings and hotels," King said.

King said he and a friend got a tip from someone online to check out a hotel in Forest Hill.

The two did, but did not find anything.

They then ended up checking a second hotel: the Wood Springs Suites in Forest Hill.

"We had been checking parks all night and this was the second hotel we checked," King said. "I was just driving on the access road. It was right there and so I just kind of hit the break and turned in."

It was at the hotel, located approximately 12 miles away from where Salem Sabatka was kidnapped, that King spotted what appeared to be the suspect's car.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/P...th-Girl-and-Suspect-Speaks-Out-510148741.html

Eight

Yeah, that seems odd. They sent an online tip to a pastor?

his title seems to indicate he might be involved with outreach missions to the local community of people on the street or living on the fringe many people over look and avoid.

there is a guy at church who if i had to find someone i would ask for his help. he is a regular handing out food under the underpasses of i45 at night, knows where the camps of displaced people are in montgomery and northwest harris county, as well as the hotels involved commonly with trafficking

you would be amazed who will approach some of the people in the ministry he overseas because they trust them.

Purp

If that’s true, the Amber Alert needs amending. They had the make and model along with the color of the car, and the race of the suspect.
I agree. My grandpa suffered from Alzheimer's and dementia for a couple years before he died several years ago. One night with ice on the roads he told my grandma he was "going home to be with his wife" and got in her car and left. He was referring to his first wife to whom he hadn't been married for about 45 years and the house he referred to as home was around Graham. He had lived in Duncanville for 40 years.

My dad found out and called the police to issue a silver alert, but they wouldn't do it until he had a clinical diagnosis for either of the two conditions. The doctors hadn't given a diagnosis yet bc all had demonstrated to that point was a shortening temper and memory loss, which don't always have to be related to those conditions.

We eventually found him about 20 miles west of Weatherford. His car hit some ice and slid into a guard rail and someone picked him up and took him to a nearby truck stop.

A silver alert likely would have caught him before he got past FW on I-20. Still crazy to me they wouldn't do it.

tcudoc

his title seems to indicate he might be involved with outreach missions to the local community of people on the street or living on the fringe many people over look and avoid.

there is a guy at church who if i had to find someone i would ask for his help. he is a regular handing out food under the underpasses of i45 at night, knows where the camps of displaced people are in montgomery and northwest harris county, as well as the hotels involved commonly with trafficking

you would be amazed who will approach some of the people in the ministry he overseas because they trust them.
I know of at least two cases where people used that type of situation to be the predator.

Eight

I know of at least two cases where people used that type of situation to be the predator.

world is flawed no doubt, the solace for me in those situations is jeremiah 23:1.

those that misuse their position don't need to worry about being held accountable by man, if they don't get things straight before the end man's judgement is the least of their troubles.

Billy Clyde

There is a GoFundMe set up for this poor child. Please see Maniac's link on the next page.
I am very reluctant to say this because it is so devastating, but I feel like it's important to understand how much help she is going to need: The situation is apparently much worse than what has been so far reported. That's all I'm going to say. That and, please, please go on and donate if you can.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

This is a GoFundMe set up for this poor child. (I hope I copied the link correctly, it came from NextDoor.)
I am very reluctant to say this because it is so devastating, but I feel like it's important to understand how much help she is going to need: The situation is apparently much worse than what has been so far reported. That's all I'm going to say. That and, please, please go on and donate if you can.

Ugh. I’ll just trust you and donate. Not sure I want to know more.

Last edited: