• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

nwlafrog

Wife had been out of town for about a week now.... in case y’all couldn’t tell from my drunk rambling posts the other day.

She’s in Chicago for work and I told her of some places she should check out while she is there. She’s going to the cubs game tonight and I’m a little jelly about it. She’s going to bring some swag back so that will be cool. She also went full tourist and ate at Bubba Gump’s the other day instead of an authentic Chicago restaurant, but the girl likes what she likes, I guess.

I’ve been to old Yankee, old Shea, Fenway, Minute Maid and obviously Rangers games my entire life. I would love to see Wrigley one day!

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

Wife had been out of town for about a week now.... in case y’all couldn’t tell from my drunk rambling posts the other day.

She’s in Chicago for work and I told her of some places she should check out while she is there for work. She’s going to the cubs game tonight and I’m a little jelly about it. She’s going to bring some swag back so that will be cool. She also went full tourist and ate at Bubba Gump’s the other day instead of an authentic Chicago restaurant, but the girl likes what she likes, I guess.

I’ve been to old Yankee, old Shea, Fenway, Minute Maid and obviously Rangers games my entire life. I would love to see Wrigley one day!

Saw Wrigley about a week before the first night game. Greg Maddux got the start, Sandburg and Dawson homered for the Cubs, Mike Schmidt homered for the Phillies, and Haray Caray was on the PA for the stretch. Helluva day.

Last edited:

Purp

I saw Kerry Wood pitch there against the Rangers when I was in college. Great experience. Talking about old ball yards makes me even madder about the nee temple in Arlington. Baseball has lost its every man appeal with all the amenities at brand new stadia that cost 500% more than it would and the next most expensive place outside the ballpark.

It's stopped being about the game and that's a problem for me.

Frog-in-law1995

I saw Kerry Wood pitch there against the Rangers when I was in college. Great experience. Talking about old ball yards makes me even madder about the nee temple in Arlington. Baseball has lost its every man appeal with all the amenities at brand new stadia that cost 500% more than it would and the next most expensive place outside the ballpark.

Only because you still care. I wish I did. Something happened to me in my early 40s tj where I just give zero [ Finebaum ]s about pro sports. Even baseball, whose athletes I revered like Gods in the 80s.

Tom Brown

Ive sworn off the Rangers over it. Im all Cubbies now. Ive been multiple games at wrigley and enjoyed them all even the losses.

nwlafrog

Only because you still care. I wish I did. Something happened to me in my early 40s tj where I just give zero [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s about pro sports. Even baseball, whose athletes I revered like Gods in the 80s.

I can relate. As an adult, I’m slowly losing interest compared to the little me in the early 90’s thru early 2000’s. Oddly, rooting for the cowboys more than ever for whatever reason. I grew up watching/hearing my dad shouting and going crazy at the TV over the cowboys, but I never got that intense over it. Last season, I was pretty vocal, but never over the top like I can get with the Frogs.

tcudoc

I think Nolan Ryan was the last pro baseball player that I really cared about. Jake Arietta doesn’t count because I still care about the TCU players in the pros.

Players more recent than Johnny Bench, I have a hard time caring about. The Big Red Machine was my team back in the 70’s and I didn’t really care for many pro teams after that. The Rangers were my hometown team, so I followed them a little.

I really like the older players from the 50’s-70’s.

nwlafrog

I think Nolan Ryan was the last pro baseball player that I really cared about. Jake Arietta doesn’t count because I still care about the TCU players in the pros.

Players more recent than Johnny Bench, I have a hard time caring about. The Big Red Machine was my team back in the 70’s and I didn’t really care for many pro teams after that. The Rangers were my hometown team, so I followed them a little.

Jake pitched tonight against Yu

Tom Brown

Ive sworn off the Rangers over it. Im all Cubbies now. Ive been multiple games at wrigley and enjoyed them all even the losses.

I dig Carp quite a bit, even though i cant stand the Cards.

Dogfrog

My wife and I ate at LeColonial in Chicago a few years ago. She really liked it. It’s French Vietnamese. It was on Rush street but somebody told me they have moved around the corner or somewhere nearby the original location. They have opened locations in NYC and maybe Houston but Chicago is the original.

Last edited: