• The KillerFrogs

Sewo arrested, controlled substance

smufrogger

Your percentages mean nothing unless those figures are proven to be false allegations. Were they? Otherwise it just highlights who is committing the crimes.
Using same logic-
Observational based on thousands of people- I’ve concluded the nba is one of the most racists enterprises their is. How many Hispanics in thr league, Asians, whites?? It is so disproportionately lower than blacks that clearly that is prima fasciae evidence of a vast institutional racist entity. !!!

Billy Clyde

Your percentages mean nothing unless those figures are proven to be false allegations. Were they? Otherwise it just highlights who is committing the crimes.

Laughing to keep from crying. Using your logic I could set up a task force on Bryant-Irvin at Mira Vista, ignoring all other parts of Fort Worth, catching people failing to come to a complete stop before turning right on red onto Bryant-Irvin... Thus proving conclusively that only Trinity Valley School people or Mira Vista residents commit traffic offenses. You'd agree that's what it would prove, right? It amazes me the contortions some people will put themselves through to defend the indefensible.

SuperBarrFrog

Sounds like me in my college days- only I got all
Kinda of frivolous tickets- excessive noise - I had straight through mufflers... excessive acceleration...note- not speeding- I stayed within speed limit. ....license plate not securely fastened to vehicle ( my car didn’t have a front license plate holder so it writes up the front plate to my grill...
Since then I’ve had numerous debates with my friends who tell me they’ve been pulled over for “driving while black” but not one of them have anywhere close to the stops I dealt with.
In short- perceptions create realities. Some cops discriminate for lots of reasons but if you do get pulled over it’s certainly not always based upon skin color. If I was black though, no doubt I would be certain that’s why I was constantly pulled over!

Do any of your black “friends” consider themselves your friends?

Big Frog II

Being a life-long Southern Baptist I have several Baylor friends who insisted this false narrative was indeed the truth.

It got so bad at one point I kept a copy of the news account of Casey's arrest on my phone, so I could use it immediately.

When some of these ill-informed BU supporters would refuse to hear the facts I'd just bring up the article and show it to them.

Most would back down, but I even had one guy claim that he'd seen a newspaper story that confirmed pot was involved.

Some people just don't want to admit the truth - especially if it doesn't fit their viewpoint.

Go Frogs!
Your problem is having several Baylor friends.

mgsouthpaw

Before weed, they started out with cigarettes. And before cigarettes, they were hooked on oxygen.

the whole weed is a gateway drug is the dumbest repeated talking point ever that has ZERO actual science behind it. so weed is the gateway, but caffeine, red bull, cigarettes, and alcohol are not gateways, right? - makes perfect sense!

in the absence of facts, the prohibitions make them up with anecdotal stories from their next door neighbors' brother-in-law! brilliant!

Last edited:

Zubaz

the whole weed is a gateway drug is the dumbest repeated talking point ever that has ZERO actual science behind it. so weed is the gateway, but caffeine, red bull, cigarettes, and alcohol are not gateways, right? - makes perfect sense!
There's no evidence of "the gateway" drug theory in the sense that you chase one high to get a better one. That's been largely discredited by now.

HOWEVER, there could be a link between marijuana and harder drugs in the sense that the illicit nature of marijuana can open doors to the seedier elements of society. That does not so much make marijuana a gateway drug as makes prohibition a gateway link, not particularly different than what we saw in the 1920's with alcohol. In other words, that "gateway" theory is a better argument for decriminalization than the folks arguing it probably intend.

mgsouthpaw

There's no evidence of "the gateway" drug theory in the sense that you chase one high to get a better one. That's been largely discredited by now.

HOWEVER, there could be a link between marijuana and harder drugs in the sense that the illicit nature of marijuana can open doors to the seedier elements of society. That does not so much make marijuana a gateway drug as makes prohibition a gateway link, not particularly different than what we saw in the 1920's with alcohol. In other words, that "gateway" theory is a better argument for decriminalization than the folks arguing it probably intend.

safety and the link to harder drugs has nothing to do with the morality of the state jailing people for what they choose to put in their body. THE STATES JOB ISN'T TO MAKE PEOPLE SAFE FROM THEIR OWN PERSONAL ABOUT WHAT THEY INGEST! why not make cigarettes, motorcycles, trans-fats (and hell, how bout weighing 400 lbs), and skydiving illegal too. totally immoral to jail people for what they choose to do to themselves. now if they are putting others at risk by driving or neglecting kids that's totally different. so immoral to jail people over what they ingest.