• The KillerFrogs

Sewo arrested, controlled substance

OFrog

I deal with cops almost daily...I own two trucking companies and we get stopped a ton...if you play the game the right way with them 99% of the time you will be fine.

I'm a huge gun rights, freedom rights, whatever rights guy as there is...but pulling out the "rights" card with cops when your innocent is a waste of time and will lead to tons of [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].

But whatever...those who wanna deny the search...go ahead. Just be prepared for the consequences.

This way of thinking shows how dysfunctional the relationship between police and the community has become. There shouldn't be any need to "play the game," there shouldn't be any need to display your friendly status through bumper stickers, and there shouldn't be "consequences" for exercising your rights.

Police exist to protect and serve the community, and to uphold the laws of their jurisdiction. When a person gets pulled over, the person is part of the community that the police are serving, and the police should respect that individual's rights.

Absent probable cause, police can request consent to search and they are in the right. An individual can consent or decline, and they are in the right. When police then delay, get a dog to signal when it doesn't smell anything, or whatever the hell else to create probable cause or pressure the individual to consent... Those "games" and "consequences" are [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] and the police are in the wrong. If people choose not to relent to this crap, more power to them.

Putt4Purple

One of my friends likes to tell the story of when he had a sales route in South Texas and he routinely got pulled over. He was white, and the cops thought a white guy in a primarily Hispanic area was suspicious. They would pull him over, ask what he was doing, and every once in a while claim they smelled something suspicious (when there wasn't anything suspicious to be smelled). It made him much more sympathetic towards the "driving while black" stories he heard.

Did he say if he consented to the searches? This is the crux of the discussion on here now. I would never consent out of principle and had time. If I did not, I know I would get some grief and sit for a while. That is why there are courts and lawyers. If the officer knows what your doing and why. He most likely will be professional and treat you accordingly. IF you are being difficult, being as smart A with him/her, you will most often be given the same treatment. Just FYI!!!

Punter1

Think about what you said, and whether it is just for someone who is doing nothing observable wrong, who asserts their rights, to face "consequences". Doesn't that illustrate the issue right there?

I agree with you. It's a darned up system. That you can face consequences when you are innocent just for asserting your rights. But as I said, it's a game.

And the path of least resistance in my opinion and my experience is to cooperate. With my wife and the police. And many days they feel like the same thing.

HFrog1999

For those of you who consent to searches, I hope you have a complete understanding of our huge number of often confusing and ever changing laws. I also hope you’re never the victim of the small number of bad cops.

I’ve never done drugs, but as a freedom loving Texan I own several items that are perfectly legal here but would put me in jail for years in other states.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Thanks for the complement! Sure, lots of folks smoke and eat weed. I have no problem with that at all. But, let me ask you a question. Is weed still illegal? If you are randomly tested at work, and you have weed in your system, how does your employer react? If your employer finds just a little weed in your desk, how does he react? Would you be idiot enough to risk your job for just a little weed? After Turpin, Sewo was my favorite player on the team. Turpin was an idiot off the field, and he’s done. Now, Sewo is the idiot off the field. I don’t want him to be off the team, but what can HCGP do?
Proper Idiot
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!

I wonder if a single crackhead or heroin user didn’t start out with a little weed, hmmm...

CountryFrog

Guess my race:

I've been pulled over 9 times in ten years with only 2 of those resulting in a ticket (both for speeding). I've been put in handcuffs for no particular reason at all on 2 of those occasions. Even spent about 15 minutes sitting in a police car after he had his gun sticking in the small of my back as he was putting the cuffs on me. A search of my car was conducted without even asking my permission as I sat in that car. Both times being put in cuffs resulted in me being free to go with no charges or tickets.

What am I?

TX_Krötenechse

Guess my race:

I've been pulled over 9 times in ten years with only 2 of those resulting in a ticket (both for speeding). I've been put in handcuffs for no particular reason at all on 2 of those occasions. Even spent about 15 minutes sitting in a police car after he had his gun sticking in the small of my back as he was putting the cuffs on me. A search of my car was conducted without even asking my permission as I sat in that car. Both times being put in cuffs resulted in me being free to go with no charges or tickets.

What am I?
This is a typical experience for many minorities in this country, but I’m guessing you’re white and trying to make the (incorrect) point that institutional racism isn’t a thing

Could be wrong though I don’t know you

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Guess my race:

What am I?

You are probably white, maybe a big guy or possibly a smart arse. Cuffing is usually done for their protection.

CountryFrog

This is a typical experience for many minorities in this country, but I’m guessing you’re white and trying to make the (incorrect) point that institutional racism isn’t a thing

Maybe, maybe not. Although I will say that I am NOT the type who goes around trying to make any type of political or societal "points" based on my own personal experiences. I don't attempt to project what happens to me onto anyone else and don't want anyone projecting their own experiences or experiences of others onto me just because of my skin color, gender, religious beliefs, hometown, etc. I don't care much for political type discussions.

I just think that "guess my race" is a fun game!

SuperTFrog

This thread has been all over the place so I’ll chime in. I completely agree that there is institutional racism. I agree that certain cultures may never “catch up” in society because of the lack of rights for generations (voting, land ownership, etc) that were enforced because of whites. Why can’t people also agree that certain cultures are more likely to commit crimes? I know that people will fire back immediately with it is because of targeting by the police. Here in Fort Worth, the likelihood of someone living in Mira Vista committing a crime is so much lower than someone living in a poor neighborhood (whatever color they are).

Yes, I am a white male.

CountryFrog

You are probably white, maybe a big guy or possibly a smart arse. Cuffing is usually done for their protection.
Wrong on multiple accounts.

No doubt they thought they were protecting themselves and I don't begrudge them for that. I wasn't even mad after any of the occurrences even though I felt like they had no reason to do what they did on a couple of instances.

Pharm Frog

Guess my race:

What am I?

Was thinking the 400 but gonna go with the 800 or 400 hurdles