• The KillerFrogs

Sewo arrested, controlled substance

Putt4Purple

I'm white...and 100% of the time INNOCENT or not riding dirty. All my cop friends and I have a few say if you are let em search. If you have nothing to hide this is the quickest way out.

I had my truck searched on the way to George West on a hunting trip when he asked if there was guns in the truck...I said be my guest. I grabbed a Diet Coke out of the cooler, offered him one waited till he was done. 10 mins later I was outta there. I asked my cop friends if I did the right thing and they all said yes.

Say yes, don't be confrontational and it'll be over with soon. If you're clean...

You said the magic words! IF YOUR CLEAN!

Punter1

For anyone reading this - DO NOT DO THIS. DO NOT CONSENT TO A SEARCH.

You don’t know what the police know and they are not required to tell you anything, and in fact can legally lie to you. Always keep that in mind.

Here’s a hypothetical. You get pulled over for some minor infraction - speeding, brake light, whatever. You vaguely match the description of a murder suspect, but not enough to justify an arrest. The cop asks to search your car, and you consent, knowing that you have nothing to hide. In your trunk the officer finds a yellow hoodie, perfectly innocent, except that the color matches the suspect’s description. Congrats, you’re now under arrest and a murder suspect because you consented to a search. If you hadn’t consented, the officer likely would’ve let you go - he didn’t really think you were the guy, he was just fishing.

Here’s another example faced by many people. Same situation - pulled over for minor infraction, cop asks where you’re headed. You tell him you’re headed to the next city over to buy a boat off Craigslist. Officer asks if you have cash on you and you say yes, because you’re about to make a large cash purchase. Congrats, the officer now has probable cause to search your vehicle and seize your cash on suspicion that you’re a drug dealer because you volunteered that you were about to make a large purchase. You may quickly be found innocent, but that money is gone forever.

Police are not your friends. Use your rights and be smart.

Alex Jones called and said quit being so paranoid.

I deal with cops almost daily...I own two trucking companies and we get stopped a ton...if you play the game the right way with them 99% of the time you will be fine.

I'm a huge gun rights, freedom rights, whatever rights guy as there is...but pulling out the "rights" card with cops when your innocent is a waste of time and will lead to tons of [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].

But whatever...those who wanna deny the search...go ahead. Just be prepared for the consequences.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA

I deal with cops almost daily...I own two trucking companies and we get stopped a ton...if you play the game the right way with them 99% of the time you will be fine.

I'm a huge gun rights, freedom rights, whatever rights guy as there is...but pulling out the "rights" card with cops when your innocent is a waste of time and will lead to tons of [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].

But whatever...those who wanna deny the search...go ahead. Just be prepared for the consequences.
Think about what you said, and whether it is just for someone who is doing nothing observable wrong, who asserts their rights, to face "consequences". Doesn't that illustrate the issue right there?

Last edited:
If it’s true he was busted for having CBD...that would be really disappointing. CBD was recently put on the approved list by WADA (world leader for anti doping) for in and out of competition. With WADA’s lead CBD will be in every professional locker room within a year or so. It’s been proven to be an amazing option for recovery and anti inflammation with zero side affects. I feel for him that certain gov’t can’t catch up with the world and change laws to improve people’s lives. Sorry for the rant but since Cannabis has been legal for almost a year in Canada it has been nothing but a positive change. Hope everything works out for the kid.

TX_Krötenechse

Most of the time for most people, it’s fine.

But sometimes - it isn’t. And having a general rule that you won’t consent to searches or interviews will save your ass in the times when it isn’t fine.

Dogfrog

I assume Sewo is kicking it in the Walker County jail today. When is his arraignment or how does this work? And will they said what product the police found in his possession?

My guess is that if Pachall got back on the TCU football team after getting caught pot selling, if Sewo got caught with pot or some derivatives like wax or oil, Gary will have him go through counseling this summer, suspend him for the first game and he's back in good standing after serving his time.

If it was a hard drug as others on here have mentioned above, and how they know that is beyond me, unless they were in Sewo's car, his attorney, or his parents, then Sewo probably toast at TCU.

Pretty sure Pachall was dwi. Room mate of a drug seller suspect but not implicated in that IIRC.

What Up Toad

I think you missed the big part. "Driving for 50 years and not gotten more than a wave from a cop", as you put it, is not the experience of most minorities that you speak to.

One of my friends likes to tell the story of when he had a sales route in South Texas and he routinely got pulled over. He was white, and the cops thought a white guy in a primarily Hispanic area was suspicious. They would pull him over, ask what he was doing, and every once in a while claim they smelled something suspicious (when there wasn't anything suspicious to be smelled). It made him much more sympathetic towards the "driving while black" stories he heard.

Frog-in-law1995

I’ve been asked for consent to search my car twice, both on the same road trip to Nashville in 96. Once in Rockwall after getting pulled over because the left half of my license plate light was out, and and once a couple hours later just past the Arkansas line where I got pulled over (and got a written warning) for going 67 in a 65. Consented both times. Rockwall cop took 5 minutes, Arky state trooper declined when I mentioned I got searched in Rockwall. Must’ve been a nation-wide briefing earlier that day to watch for drug shipments to the East on I-30.

PO Frog

ALWAYS agree to the search. Saying no will make them suspicious and they will get a dog or something to find your boat. Saying No is a dam near admission of guilt.

Best to just agree and hope he doesn't follow thru with the search and or doesn't find it.
This is terrible advice. If you agree then you couldn't later fight probable cause on the search because you would have consented.

4 Oaks Frog

You’re an idiot. This is probably just a little weed or something, and honestly who gives a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] - probably 25%+ of TCU students in general smoke weed from time to time, do you want to kick them all out?
Thanks for the complement! Sure, lots of folks smoke and eat weed. I have no problem with that at all. But, let me ask you a question. Is weed still illegal? If you are randomly tested at work, and you have weed in your system, how does your employer react? If your employer finds just a little weed in your desk, how does he react? Would you be idiot enough to risk your job for just a little weed? After Turpin, Sewo was my favorite player on the team. Turpin was an idiot off the field, and he’s done. Now, Sewo is the idiot off the field. I don’t want him to be off the team, but what can HCGP do?
Proper Idiot
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’ve been asked for consent to search my car twice, both on the same road trip to Nashville in 96. Once in Rockwall after getting pulled over because the left half of my license plate light was out, and and once a couple hours later just past the Arkansas line where I got pulled over (and got a written warning) for going 67 in a 65. Consented both times. Rockwall cop took 5 minutes, Arky state trooper declined when I mentioned I got searched in Rockwall. Must’ve been a nation-wide briefing earlier that day to watch for drug shipments to the East on I-30.
In the cops’ defense you pretty much look guilty of something all the time.

Frog-in-law1995

If it’s true he was busted for having CBD...that would be really disappointing. CBD was recently put on the approved list by WADA (world leader for anti doping) for in and out of competition. With WADA’s lead CBD will be in every professional locker room within a year or so. It’s been proven to be an amazing option for recovery and anti inflammation with zero side affects. I feel for him that certain gov’t can’t catch up with the world and change laws to improve people’s lives. Sorry for the rant but since Cannabis has been legal for almost a year in Canada it has been nothing but a positive change. Hope everything works out for the kid.

A bill legalizing oil with less than .3% thc concentration is sitting on the governor’s desk right now.