• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Talking football with Dana Holgorsen, Gary Patterson and Bob Stoops

Mean Purple

Don't knock it. You have to pick your spots, but Galveston has been known to put up some good surf from time to time. Ditto Surfside. Besides, there aren't a lot of other choices on the Third Coast...
For sure.

I waited way too long to go hang out at Corpus and catch when the surf came up down on that island. Shocked how much they get. Corpus has some good dive bars, and Port A has some places that are good to chill as well. So the waits are good.

This past year I got back up for the first time in several years. And it was over near Charleston, SC. Had some decent spots. We were really over that way for golf, but it was a good day off.

Billy Clyde

This time of year, ought to be some blue water coming into Galveston bay, if it hasn't already. That is quite something, when it happens. May be too muddy from all the rains tho.

FrogCop19

For sure.

I waited way too long to go hang out at Corpus and catch when the surf came up down on that island. Shocked how much they get. Corpus has some good dive bars, and Port A has some places that are good to chill as well. So the waits are good.

This past year I got back up for the first time in several years. And it was over near Charleston, SC. Had some decent spots. We were really over that way for golf, but it was a good day off.
Did anyone else read those first two words in Spicolli's voice?

InstaFrog

It happens. It may not be North Shore, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

It may not be Cocoa Beach in FL, but it is what it is, where you can get it, when you can get it.

Edit: Besides, your name is "Land" frog, not surfrog or surf frog.
Don't knock it. You have to pick your spots, but Galveston has been known to put up some good surf from time to time. Ditto Surfside. Besides, there aren't a lot of other choices on the Third Coast...
And here I thought everything was bigger in Texas.....
PerkyMassiveIchthyosaurs-size_restricted.gif

HoustonVeer

This reminds me...
Where is Veer?
Also,
Can we replace rapelor with Houston now? (Better people, better media coverage, it would mind scheiss aggy, texas would hate it and screw the sec.)

What's up MP.

I checked out when the Big 12 decided to stand pat. I still read the board from time to time. Some of you are hilarious.

Eight

Good to hear from ya. Hope all is well. I'm guessing folks in Htown are still pretty excited about Dana being head coach?

And there are still several of us who hope that there is someway for y'all to replace Baylor.

i would bet a good percentage of the people in houston have no clue who the head football coach is this year or that the cougs made a change.

HoustonVeer

Good to hear from ya. Hope all is well. I'm guessing folks in Htown are still pretty excited about Dana being head coach?

And there are still several of us who hope that there is someway for y'all to replace Baylor.

Thanks.

Yes, we are pretty excited about our leadership right now, both in terms of coaches and administrators.

We play a tougher schedule this year in football than Applewhite ever faced. That sorry SOB couldn't recruit flies if you spotted him a carcass.

For both reasons, Holgorsen will enjoy a honeymoon period before win-loss expectations start to rise.

Good luck to the Frogs this year. Riff ram bah zoo.