• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

tenor.gif

netty2424

After having the chicken flock get decimated inside the coop by most likely a raccoon last year, I decided it was time to rebuild the flock. Cleaned out the coop this weekend, reinforced every place I could think a raccoon was even considering getting in.

Picked up a kick ass rooster and 10 hens today.

Fast forward to 20 minutes ago. Turned off the tv, headed to bed. Decided to spot light the barn for ships and giggles, and sure as ship, two darning raccoons trying to get in.

Started for the 22, but decided I’m gonna let it play out. If no massacre tonight, the coop is solid.

Putting out traps tomorrow if anyone’s dying for a coon skin hat?!?

tcudoc

After having the chicken flock get decimated inside the coop by most likely a raccoon last year, I decided it was time to rebuild the flock. Cleaned out the coop this weekend, reinforced every place I could think a raccoon was even considering getting in.

Fast forward to 20 minutes ago. Turned off the tv, headed to bed. Decided to spot light the barn for ships and giggles, and sure as ship, two darning raccoons trying to get in.

Started for the 22, but decided I’m gonna let it play out. If no massacre tonight, the coop is solid.

Did the chickens get a vote in your wait and see plan?

ATC Frog

Saw this on the Twitter-verse and found it interesting:

I’m not trying to make HASMSP political, but I’m wondering if this attempt goes as well as CJK5H’s did.

nwlafrog

My previous dog was a coonhound. He was an absolute unit. That good boy loved to track and regulate the yard/neighborhood. Have you looked into getting a dog to help share your workload?

Edit- I have a Staffordshire Pit mix now and I wouldn’t put it past him to handle some raccoons with ease either.

ATC Frog

Speaking of doggos, my older mutt (she’ll be 9 in June and is a mix of heeler, chow chow, collie, and a smattering of other breeds) started having some trouble climbing stairs a few months back. I didn’t think anything of it until last night when she started showing signs of acute pain in her lumbar spine/hips. She’s been walking very gingerly and really has to labor to climb stairs. Her hips and lumbar spine are very tender/sensitive to the touch too.

I know we have a few folks in here that have some medical background with animals and/or have previous experience with doggos. Any thoughts? Our vet doesn’t open until 8am and I’m planning on taking her in to see them today, but thought I’d float her issues here for some info or at least some good vibes.