• The KillerFrogs

Game three, where TCU sweeps ku.

Bizarro Frog

Amazing how a walk and a bunch of bad plays by 3rd base gives them 2 runs. Pretty sure he needs to hit a 3 run homer to atone for his poor play.

Bizarro Frog

Amazing to me how easily we could have been swept at home by KU. Fortunate to win twice.
Insane how crazy this team is. If we get lucky enough to make the Field of 64 we could win every game or have a 10 run lead in the 9th and lose without getting 1 out.

Go Frogs!!!!!!!!!!

LeagueCityFrog

I'm thinking we need to now win Tuesday, win 2 of 3 in Lubbock, and win at least 2 games at the Big XII tournament to make the NCAA tournament as one of the last teams in.

That being said, maybe the baseball gods go our way this year and we somehow scrap together a Big XII tournament title if Baylor gets bounced before we have to play them.

Pharm Frog

It seems the 3rd base play this year was extremely poor.

Won't make you feel any better but it has been significantly better this year than last year. FLD % last year was .913. This year is .947. 11 E's last season to 7 so far this season. SS (not counting Wolfe) has been nominally worse (.950 last year and now .944). I'd have to do too much work to go back and figure out how many E's Wolfe had in RF v SS although it seemed like all of the 9 happened in RF (obviously not the case). Huge drop off at 2B with Boulware having a .976 last season and Henry fielding at .954. Guenther's .980 is slightly worse than Wanhanen's (.981) and Baker's (.984) but waaaaaay worse than the 1.000 perfection that was Landestoy. Doesn't hit the FLD % but Isola's 12 PB v 5 total PBs last season is a lot of free bases and Hump has 5 himself in much more limited use than last season. But without a doubt our atrocious team fielding .963 compared with our opponent's fielding (.979) is a major tell of what's happened again this year (64 Frog errors to 38 opponent errors). And it does make one wonder what is being done to develop position play.