• The KillerFrogs

Tulsa World: With Bill Snyder retired, Gary Patterson becomes Big 12's resident miracle worker

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
5cd740d54d068.image.jpg

With Bill Snyder retired, Gary Patterson becomes Big 12's resident miracle worker

Dan Jenkins, the late legendary sports writer and TCU alum, was asked once about writing a book about Gary Patterson.

“Coach Patterson would be very hard to get down on paper,” Jenkins told TCU Magazine, “and even if you did, nobody would believe it.”

How’s this for an attempt to get Patterson down on paper: Now that Bill Snyder has retired, the most successful football coach in Horned Frogs history is also the Big 12 Conference’s resident miracle worker.

Read more at https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/c...cle_b405e2c0-ed26-5db4-8132-a106cbca8f45.html

lowfrog

Dan Jenkins, the late legendary sports writer and TCU alum, was asked once about writing a book about Gary Patterson. “Coach Patterson would be very hard to get down on paper,” Jenkins told TCU Magazine, “and even if you did, nobody would believe it.”

Best part of the article. Absolutely true.

Virginia Frog

This kind of implies GP would have taken Tennessee or Nebraska if offered...
I believe he'd strongly "considered" if offered, no certainty there. Nebraska would have been a real temptation though - a homecoming of sorts - where TCU couldn't compete.

GPs reference to Garth's "Unanswered Prayers" [reasoning: “It’s sort of like the old Garth Brooks song. Sometimes the best prayers are unanswered prayers.”] indicates to me that he just might be a man of "faith" seeking divine providence...God's will for him. He just may believe that being his own man at this own place (TCU) could be the "best" alternative for him.

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

I really see Snyder as more of a "miracle worker." KSU is in BFE, away from the talent trove that is Texas. Colder winters, etc. Very few top recruits there. Both he and GP have done miracles with the talent they have been able to sign, though.