• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

West Coast Johnny

Respectfully SR was Cumbie’s guy. He recruited him, he offered him, and he started him. He had his QB last year.

The SR stories that he didn’t put in the work still drive me nuts. I find it hard to believe in all of the years recruiting him and coaching him, Cumbie never uncovered that the kid didn’t go to work in the film room.
SR was Cumbie's hand-picked QB. Robinson is all on Cumbie.

West Coast Johnny

He dropped from a 5 star to a 4 star.
For perspective he was a .9222 which would make him the second highest rated QB we’ve ever signed and close to one of the top 10 best we ever signed at any position. If fans overrated him it was only because the services did as well.
He was demoted twice. Down to Three stars by rivals. Here's a summary of their scouting report.

“It’s an assessment on his abilities as a quarterback,” Krueger said. “I have personally watched him at a number of events over the last few years and this year, in person during the regular season against Cedar Hill, in the state championship game and all week long at this year’s Army Bowl. During that time, there have been a lot of fundamental things that I have seen him struggle with more consistently than the moments of brilliance many associated with him.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article127317909.html#storylink=cpy

Moose Stuff

He was demoted twice. Down to Three stars by rivals. Here's a summary of their scouting report.

“It’s an assessment on his abilities as a quarterback,” Krueger said. “I have personally watched him at a number of events over the last few years and this year, in person during the regular season against Cedar Hill, in the state championship game and all week long at this year’s Army Bowl. During that time, there have been a lot of fundamental things that I have seen him struggle with more consistently than the moments of brilliance many associated with him.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article127317909.html#storylink=cpy

He’s a composite 4 star on 247. You can go look at it right now.

Hell Sent Frog

Shawn Robinson played quite a bit in the University of Missouri Spring Game that was shown on ESPNU a few weeks ago, he must not have been that injured.

Last edited:

TX_Krötenechse

Clem has been nipping at Bama heels for a while. After rolling them in the title game this past year, I have a feeling they beat Bama back to the pack. I think Bama dominance is done
I’m happy to see Bama’s dominance end, if it happens, but not really happy that we’re just replacing one unbeatable program with another.

Seems to me that the recruiting gap between the top 5-10 schools and everyone else is getting bigger, but maybe that’s just my recency bias.

asleep003

Collins should’ve played the whole time.

Totally agree … but that would be Monday morning QBing on my part. For a guy that had basically no real College work prior to 2018 mid season, he looked pretty cool and made minimal mistakes, that one should/would have expected.

Last edited: