• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Talking football with Dana Holgorsen, Gary Patterson and Bob Stoops

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
gallery_xlarge.jpg

Talking football with Dana Holgorsen, Gary Patterson and Bob Stoops

Joseph Duarte , Houston Chronicle

Three longtime friends, colleagues and gridiron counterparts sat on the stage Thursday.

For roughly 60 minutes, Dana Holgorsen, Gary Patterson and Bob Stoops took turns mixing quips (usually at the others’ expense), funny stories and the occasional serious tone about the state of college football during a roundtable event hosted by the Touchdown Club of Houston.

“Nobody really likes Gary very much except for me,” said Holgorsen, the new University of Houston coach. “Me and Bob are like two of Gary’s only friends in college football, so we thought it would be a wonderful idea to get together and try and raise a bunch of money.”

Read more at https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...ootball-with-Dana-Holgorsen-Gary-13833965.php

Billy Clyde

This reminds me...
Where is Veer?
Also,
Can we replace rapelor with Houston now? (Better people, better media coverage, it would mind scheiss aggy, texas would hate it and screw the sec.)

I think that would be a fantastic trade. Don't want cooger high without losing bu, but playing in Houston every other year seems like it would be great for recruiting, along with the other benefits you mentioned.

Mean Purple

I think that would be a fantastic trade. Don't want cooger high without losing bu, but playing in Houston every other year seems like it would be great for recruiting, along with the other benefits you mentioned.
I'm happy to hear the reason Dana moved to Houston. Did not know that was home for him. And I am sure that WVU can be a challenge. He is a good coach and a good guy and I like how well he gets along with other coaches. Good to hear it is a good move. I think he will do great at Houston.
I looked at UofH when I considered colleges many moons ago. My parents were worried that I would party too much. Worry with merit. lol

westoverhillbilly

I looked at UofH when I considered colleges many moons ago. My parents were worried that I would party too much. Worry with merit. lol

No disrespect to you Mean Purple, but when I lived in Houston, the only reason one went to UH was to commute from their parents' home and it wasn't a destination for people looking around at colleges.. I did , however, date a girl who lived in one of the two small dorms on campus who got her car stolen out of the parking lot in the early 80s..

Mean Purple

No disrespect to you Mean Purple, but when I lived in Houston, the only reason one went to UH was to commute from their parents' home and it wasn't a destination for people looking around at colleges.. I did , however, date a girl who lived in one of the two small dorms on campus who got her car stolen out of the parking lot in the early 80s..
None taken. I was living in a [ Finebaum ] hole town. And I like Houston. Honestly, pretty sure I did not realize just how offset UofH was from the more worthwhile parts of Houston. AND, most importantly, to me at the time, it was a fairly quick run to Galveston and the Gulf.
Pretty sure my parents were smart in guiding me to my first choice (TCU). Cause I would have likely just ditched classes, failed out and ended up being a life time counter hop at one of the dives in Galveston.

Billy Clyde

None taken. I was living in a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] hole town. And I like Houston. Honestly, pretty sure I did not realize just how offset UofH was from the more worthwhile parts of Houston. AND, most importantly, to me at the time, it was a fairly quick run to Galveston and the Gulf.
Pretty sure my parents were smart in guiding me to my first choice (TCU). Cause I would have likely just ditched classes, failed out and ended up being a life time counter hop at one of the dives in Galveston.

Haha, I grew up down there, spent a significant portion of my senior year of HS in Galveston surfing... UH was always cooger high. If I'd gone to undergrad there, would never have done much but play... Glad for them they are upgrading, would replace BU with UH in a heartbeat.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Haha, I grew up down there, spent a significant portion of my senior year of HS in Galveston surfing... UH was always cooger high. If I'd gone to undergrad there, would never have done much but play... Glad for them they are upgrading, would replace BU with UH in a heartbeat.
Cant take you seriously when you mention you were in Galveston surfing.

WhatTheFrog

Cant take you seriously when you mention you were in Galveston surfing.
It happens. It may not be North Shore, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

It may not be Cocoa Beach in FL, but it is what it is, where you can get it, when you can get it.

Edit: Besides, your name is "Land" frog, not surfrog or surf frog.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Don't knock it. You have to pick your spots, but Galveston has been known to put up some good surf from time to time. Ditto Surfside. Besides, there aren't a lot of other choices on the Third Coast...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Don't knock it. You have to pick your spots, but Galveston has been known to put up some good surf from time to time. Ditto Surfside. Besides, there aren't a lot of other choices on the Third Coast...

Unfortunately the best breaks are in winter with the offshore wind holding up the usual mush. Spent many weekend with wetsuit and numb feet...