• The KillerFrogs

2019 Season Ticket Upgrade Data

Bob Sugar

tumblr_mqywrgvH331sn3v2so1_400.gif

WhatTheFrog

Hell at the prices listed on stub hub right now I’m going to put mine on there and hope some Texas or Baylor fan is dumb.
No kidding. Maybe I can list just my UT game tickets and get them to pay for my whole season. I'll watch the game out at the tailgate, and I'll have the UT shirt out for people to stomp on.

tcumaniac

How do other schools that don’t have PP do it? I honestly don’t know. Just curious. Highest bidder wins?
As far as I understand, most schools have implemented some type of priority or loyalty point system.

Like ours, you earn points through donations and season ticket account renewals. The difference is that none of the one's I'm aware of give a point for every single ticket purchased like TCU does.

TCU's system, unlike the others, incentivizes fans to purchase as many tickets as possible, whereas at the other schools, the fans are much more likely to only buy as many seats as they actually need/will use, because there is no point incentive to hoard and resell.

MAcFroggy

Not 100% sure if my group made the right decision. Moved from 100 level section behind the north endzone to section 217 (northernmost section on west side). We will probably have a slightly better view (definitely better for the other side of the field.) We will probably get in the shade a little earlier. Who knows. Now I am ready for football season.

100 level endzone seats are usually pretty easy to come by. If we made the wrong decision we can always move back.

There was a group of people who were trying to lock in the tickets I eventually got. Looked like it was multiple groups of people trying to hold seats until their friends time to update locations. They finally moved away like a minute before I got to select.

Last edited:
Personally, I’m looking forward to selling my tickets on Stubhub, and the watching seas of burnt orange, Jayhawk blue, Mountaineer gold and blue, and SMU red fill the stadium on my new big screen TV that I’ll buy with the profits.

I can hear “She’ll be comin’ round the mountain” now.

Don’t tell maniac, but I upgraded my seats so that they’re right in front of his. Bring your popcorn!

ticketfrog123

Personally, I’m looking forward to selling my tickets on Stubhub, and the watching seas of burnt orange, Jayhawk blue, Mountaineer gold and blue, and SMU red fill the stadium on my new big screen TV that I’ll buy with the profits.

I can hear “She’ll be comin’ round the mountain” now.

Don’t tell maniac, but I upgraded my seats so that they’re right in front of his. Bring your popcorn!

Well if you’re sitting in front of him, might as well wear your favorite Bernie Sanders polo and hat.

berryfrog95

I’m still waiting for the call for the chance to upgrade to the club option....I believe I’m on the proverbial “wait list”......smh

The whole seating process is/was a sham, feel it was time to do my annual post on this

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’m still waiting for the call for the chance to upgrade to the club option....I believe I’m on the proverbial “wait list”......smh

The whole seating process is/was a sham, feel it was time to do my annual post on this
You can just call the frog club to upgrade to the club section. No need to wait for a call.

Frog Island

I know I'm probably going to get a smart ass answer, but I'll ask anyway.

Maybe Ato will answer. Does anyone know how far the overhang on the east side will cover. Not shade because that depends on where the sun is that time of day. But does the overhang extend 5 or 6 or 7 rows?

stbrab

I know I'm probably going to get a smart ass answer, but I'll ask anyway.

Maybe Ato will answer. Does anyone know how far the overhang on the east side will cover. Not shade because that depends on where the sun is that time of day. But does the overhang extend 5 or 6 or 7 rows?
Just based on the renderings I've seen, I'd guess about 6 or 7 rows. But, I don't know for a fact. It's one of the reasons I didn't move. I'm in sect 234, row KK.

If you go to the seat selection site, go to the top of sect 229 and get a camera view. Adjust the view sideways towards the new club. It will give a decent view of the rows it will cover...assuming its accurate. It appears to be around 7 rows.

Last edited:

NewFrogFan

Bump. Feels like sections are going earlier this year than in the past.

Hopefully JD and @atofrog will look into the significant number of tickets on the West side already listed on stubhub. OU and Baylor game show a decent # of overlapping tickets for sale. Section 309 Row A and B listing 12 tickets total (6 in each row) for $200 each against Baylor is the best example I saw.

Is the frog club limited to actual alumni or anyone can join?

I am not alumni and I joined almost 20 years ago, they love my checks and constantly want more!

NewFrogFan

As far as I understand, most schools have implemented some type of priority or loyalty point system.

Like ours, you earn points through donations and season ticket account renewals. The difference is that none of the one's I'm aware of give a point for every single ticket purchased like TCU does.

TCU's system, unlike the others, incentivizes fans to purchase as many tickets as possible, whereas at the other schools, the fans are much more likely to only buy as many seats as they actually need/will use, because there is no point incentive to hoard and resell.

In the SEC the season tickets are 2-3 times more expensive before any donation.