• The KillerFrogs

Anyone Catch the GP quote about the offense?

4th. down

But..... instead of using any of the four options, we throw the fade to Barber.

That's a good one. Hopefully, on 4th. and goal, or something similar to that, we learn how to run for 1 or 2 yds. because the field goal dilemma is still very much unsolved, or 4th. and 1 from the 25 yd. line which would approximate a 42 yd. field goal attempt we run for the 1st. down. With Delton, Sewo and Anderson in the backfield, surely we can get 1 yd., or can we? Running behind Niang and Cordel, we should be good for 1 or 2 yds. IMO.

Waccy Frog

Hope your right...Last years key stats were ugly

Stat and Ranking...
-Pts/Game 20.9 Rank 111
-Yrds/Gme 359. Rank 101
-Yrds/ play 5.1. Rank 94
-3rd Dwn% 36.2. Rank 89

Even in 2017 when we won 11 we weren’t explosive. We ran it and protected the ball...

Then why are you resistant to a change? Although this thread did seem to bring out the bitchers and moaners, if that was the goal.

Froggish

Then why are you resistant to a change? Although this thread did seem to bring out the bitchers and moaners, if that was the goal.

Happy to answer that...Over the last 3 years we’ve employed essentially 3 offenses...
1. Air raid-Hyper Speed ‘16
2. Run first Conservative RPO ‘17 and end of ‘18
3. Vertical non-sense first 10 games of ‘18

In three years the only offense that has lead to consistent wins was #2. When I hear someone say we are doubling down on going fast I wonder why...Just like a lot of other posters...Not attempting to feed any bitchers

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

There is a huge difference between having a 2 minute drive with 8 plays and a touchdown vs a 2 minute drive with three plays and a punt or a turnover (our offense last year). In the first scenario the defense has to play 8 plays in a short time vs 3 plays at a leisurely pace. Whatever it takes to score touchdowns, not field goals.

One thing that irritated me last year is that the offense would play fast, get the other team on its heels...then substitute, which gave the defense time to substitute, slow down the pace to make some adjustments, rest, etc. One thing Briles would do is not substitute and keep the defense on its heels, tiring down longer. Briles has no morals, but he could coach offense.

4th. down

There is a huge difference between having a 2 minute drive with 8 plays and a touchdown vs a 2 minute drive with three plays and a punt or a turnover (our offense last year). In the first scenario the defense has to play 8 plays in a short time vs 3 plays at a leisurely pace. Whatever it takes to score touchdowns, not field goals.

One thing that irritated me last year is that the offense would play fast, get the other team on its heels...then substitute, which gave the defense time to substitute, slow down the pace to make some adjustments, rest, etc. One thing Briles would do is not substitute and keep the defense on its heels, tiring down longer. Briles has no morals, but he could coach offense.

So far Limp, this may be the post of the year. BRILES DID NOT SUBSTITUTE.

He would absolutely run your defensive backs to death, even GP admitted it down in Wako after that disaster, but.............you've got to run the ball to make it work. This high tempo offense that we ran for the first part of the season and going a quick 3 and out.........well, a disaster waiting to happen and it pissed GP off because the defense was right back out on the field. If I see that bubble screen on 3rd. and 8 again, ok, rant over.