• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

I'm recording it. Not sure if I want to know for whom.

‘Tis why I refrained from specifics. Haha

The overall game has been good so far. Open. Have some appointments here in a bit so I will be recording the finish as well most likely.

Purp

‘Tis why I refrained from specifics. Haha

The overall game has been good so far. Open. Have some appointments here in a bit so I will be recording the finish as well most likely.
I'm not a casual enough fan to not know what the score is as it's happening. I'll be checking every 10 minutes or so b/c I just have to know so nobody will spoil anything here for me. I record all the TCU football and basketball games whether I watch them live or not, but I always know what's happening in those games as it happens. I just catch up on the video later.

Purp

This is now a larger hurdle than Liverpool surmounted. They had 90 minutes in their home ground to score 4. Spurs half slightly more than half that amount of time to score the same number of goals and they also can't allow anymore. Stick a fork in them. Really going to enjoy the final, though.

Chongo94

I'm not a casual enough fan to not know what the score is as it's happening. I'll be checking every 10 minutes or so b/c I just have to know so nobody will spoil anything here for me. I record all the TCU football and basketball games whether I watch them live or not, but I always know what's happening in those games as it happens. I just catch up on the video later.

Same here.

Chongo94

Welp, there goes my watching of the final. Couldn’t care any less about a glorified EPL game.

Not a great take, I know, but a champs league final with these two teams just doesn’t shake my tree.

dawg

Someone explain to me why 8 minutes of extra time was given...or however long it was...?

Five minutes were given, then Spurs scored, literally, with their final kick. If Ajax had cleared, ref blows for full time. Their celebration took it to seven minutes. Perhaps five was generous, but I didn’t think it was egregious. Ajax were wasting time the final 10 mins.

TCUBetterThanYou

Welp, there goes my watching of the final. Couldn’t care any less about a glorified EPL game.

Not a great take, I know, but a champs league final with these two teams just doesn’t shake my tree.
Agree that it takes away from the fun of the CL. Spurs only have one game left to be spursy, so I’m giving the nod to Liverpool.

Chongo94

Five minutes were given, then Spurs scored, literally, with their final kick. If Ajax had cleared, ref blows for full time. Their celebration took it to seven minutes. Perhaps five was generous, but I didn’t think it was egregious. Ajax were wasting time the final 10 mins.

Thanks, didn’t get to see the end. Brutal.

Purp

Bonkers. I got pulled away to a meeting and checked the score a couple times while in there expecting Ajax to have added a 3rd. Saw Spurs score one and thought, "at least they are acting like they care." I never expected another though. Get out of the meeting and see they won and was flummoxed.

I don't disagree that Liverpool should be prohibitive favorites in the final, but holy darn if I won't move mountains to see them lose.

Also disagree with the "glorified EPL match" take. If it were City and Chelsea I'd be right there with you, but Spurs has had very little expectation to be here in the last couple decades and the same goes for Liverpool until this season. It's certainly an EPL match-up, but it's bringing fresh faces for our consumption. Plus, SPURS!

You know the FA is doing back flips after the last two days.

Chongo94

I’ll give Spurs and Poch and Levy credit to make it to the final after not buying a single player. That’s impressive.

Wenger and Kroenke did their damndest to do the same thing year after year but failed. All they did was kill a club instead.

TCUBetterThanYou

Bonkers. I got pulled away to a meeting and checked the score a couple times while in there expecting Ajax to have added a 3rd. Saw Spurs score one and thought, "at least they are acting like they care." I never expected another though. Get out of the meeting and see they won and was flummoxed.

I don't disagree that Liverpool should be prohibitive favorites in the final, but holy darn if I won't move mountains to see them lose.

Also disagree with the "glorified EPL match" take. If it were City and Chelsea I'd be right there with you, but Spurs has had very little expectation to be here in the last couple decades and the same goes for Liverpool until this season. It's certainly an EPL match-up, but it's bringing fresh faces for our consumption. Plus, SPURS!

You know the FA is doing back flips after the last two days.
Bring back the dislike button.