• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Fort Worth is getting a new Hyatt Place hotel — on TCU’s campus

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Fort Worth is getting a new Hyatt Place hotel — on TCU’s campus

By Carla Jimenez

The plans for an on-campus hotel at TCU are moving forward.

The school filed the plans for the six-story hotel on Friday. The hotel will go at 3029 Sandage Ave.. According to the plans, the hotel will have 150 rooms, a rooftop bar, a 4,000 square-foot ballroom and a fitness center. It will also include a standalone restaurant.

The hotel will also be a Hyatt Place branded hotel, under the Hyatt Hotel umbrella. Hyatt Place is the most common brand within the company, but it advertises itself as upscale.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article230081214.html#storylink=cpy

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Somebody please donate an architect and the money to do something more in line with Sadler or the library instead of plopping down cookie cutter Comfort Suites looking thing!

Calling Winthrop Rockefeller, Baileys, et al...

ticketfrog123

Somebody please donate an architect and the money to do something more in line with Sadler or the library instead of plopping down cookie cutter Comfort Suites looking thing!

Calling Winthrop Rockefeller, Baileys, et al...

Article says it will have TCU brick on the exterior. Might just be a bad mock-up image.

Not sure what the yellow near the brick is, to be honest

LeagueCityFrog

I do not like the way this building looks in the concept art. A big swing and miss.

TCU usually does a nice job with design. This thing looks like a Spring Hill Suites in San Antonio.

back_in_black

Moderators
I do not like the way this building looks in the concept art. A big swing and miss.

TCU usually does a nice job with design. This thing looks like a Spring Hill Suites in San Antonio.

This looks great to me. This is a mid-level hotel brand so it’s going to be designed to look like a hotel. Only it looks nicer than a normal Hyatt Place or SpringHill because of the coverage of brick, the roof, and the fact it fits the architecture of the campus. That said, I wish it were a Hyatt House or a Marriott branded hotel.

Last edited:

frogs9497

I'm mostly interested in the rooftop bar. Not sure what to expect with the adjoining restaurant.

Here are a few pics of other Hyatt Place rooftop bars. I've been to the one in Asheville, NC, which was great. Obviously we won't get similar views on Berry St., but it should be a nice setup nonetheless.

Hyatt-Place-Asheville-Downtown-P104-Montford-Patio.16x9.adapt.1920.1080.jpg

Rooftop-Bar-Hyatt-Place-530-South-Gay-Street-Knoxville-August-2018-20.jpg

left-large.jpg

DSC02355.JPG

I'm mostly interested in the rooftop bar. Not sure what to expect with the adjoining restaurant.

Here are a few pics of other Hyatt Place rooftop bars. I've been to the one in Asheville, NC, which was great. Obviously we won't get similar views on Berry St., but it should be a nice setup nonetheless.

Hyatt-Place-Asheville-Downtown-P104-Montford-Patio.16x9.adapt.1920.1080.jpg

Rooftop-Bar-Hyatt-Place-530-South-Gay-Street-Knoxville-August-2018-20.jpg

left-large.jpg

DSC02355.JPG

Man, I'm going to slay so many hotties up there.

ticketfrog123

This looks great to me. This is a mid-level hotel brand so it’s going to be designed to look like a hotel. Only it looks nicer than a normal Hyatt Place or SpringHill because of the coverage of brick, the roof, and the fact it fits the architecture of the campus. That said, I wish it were a Hyatt House or a Marriott branded hotel.

I didn’t think there was a difference between a Hyatt Place and a Hyatt House. House might have a kitchen area, but largely very similar.

I think most heavy travelers would give Hyatt the edge for their loyalty program after the Marriott/Starwood merger.

Everybody and their cousin has status with Marriott, so nobody does as a result.

Brog

I didn’t think there was a difference between a Hyatt Place and a Hyatt House. House might have a kitchen area, but largely very similar.

I think most heavy travelers would give Hyatt the edge for their loyalty program after the Marriott/Starwood merger.

Everybody and their cousin has status with Marriott, so nobody does as a result.

All I know is that the Ritz Carlton in Cancun is part of the Marriott chain, and brother, you can't get better than this.

frogs9497

All I know is that the Ritz Carlton in Cancun is part of the Marriott chain, and brother, you can't get better than this.

My wife and I each ordered a drink at the Ritz Carlton in Grand Cayman (humble brag). Tab was $50. Fortunately our hotel was just down the street.