• The KillerFrogs

Stars vs. Blues - Stanley Cup Playoffs Series Thread

[QUOTE="puckster59, post: 2716901, member: 32538"]Cinco de Stinko. Worst game of the playoffs.[/QUOTE]
Excellent hammer headline

Volare

I bet they'll be plenty physical in Game 7.

And they'll get every damn call against them if they so much breathe on a Blues player. Game 7 is the exact wrong time to be responding.

We saw how the Blues responded when they got shelled 4-1. They started hacking and slashing away including an uncalled slash between Bishop's shoulder blades. We saw how the Stars responded to the same- skating away with their tail between their legs like a little [ hundin]. I guess when it comes to hockey in the words of Cersei- "I choose violence." Game 7 to decide it. I give the Stars very little chance of winning, regardless of who is in goal.

MTfrog5

And they'll get every damn call against them if they so much breathe on a Blues player. Game 7 is the exact wrong time to be responding.

We saw how the Blues responded when they got shelled 4-1. They started hacking and slashing away including an uncalled slash between Bishop's shoulder blades. We saw how the Stars responded to the same- skating away with their tail between their legs like a little [ hundin]. I guess when it comes to hockey in the words of Cersei- "I choose violence." Game 7 to decide it. I give the Stars very little chance of winning, regardless of who is in goal.
I don’t get how the Stars have continued to get screwed by officials. Happened against Nashville too

MTfrog5

It wasn’t nearly as bad in the Nashville series. St. Louis has gotten away with so many stick fouls and pick plays it’s ridiculous. Many of them when a referee is watching, too.

That being said, the Stars played with no passion in G6. They didn’t deserve to win.
Really game 6 is the only game I felt lik Dallas should have lost. You can say maybe game 5 but Dallas has just as many break aways that should have been scored as Blues did good looks.

Purp

It wasn’t nearly as bad in the Nashville series. St. Louis has gotten away with so many stick fouls and pick plays it’s ridiculous. Many of them when a referee is watching, too.

That being said, the Stars played with no passion in G6. They didn’t deserve to win.
I felt a lot was missed in the Nashville series, but the penalty disparity in that series was very much in favor of the Stars. I think the reason for that is b/c Nashville spent nearly the entire series on their heels and they committed a lot of angry, undisciplined penalties away from the play or after whistles that made that gap seem unnaturally wide.

This series has been a lot more evenly played, but the penalty disparity is pretty wide in the wrong direction. Many of the missed calls have been pretty egregious too. I don't get it at all. The penalties are plus 5 in favor of STL and it feels like it should be even wider b/c of the off-setting crap with Benn/Bennington and when Lindell was cross-checked and sent to the cage for embellishment to nullify the power play. It seems like officials have had opportunities to justly even it out a bit with Bennington's shenanigans and Perron's slash into Bish's back, for example, so stuff like that adds to the "we're screwed" feeling.

Purp

Bishop to start tomorrow night, apparently.
Yeah, just saw he said everything is fine. He better bring his A game. When he's great the Stars win. If he's less than great (every time that's happened he's been putrid) the Stars lose.

Last edited:

ATC Frog

Both western conference series are going the distance as the Avs beat the Sharks in OT late last night 4-3.

Game 7, 7pm, NBCSN.

Stars need to come out much hungrier than they did in game 6. Also need to hope Bish is 100%.

Purp

I wish that one had gone about 7 OTs. 2 and a half minutes into OT is hardly going to fatigue anyone more than a regular game. That's about one extra shift for 2 or 3 lines.

Glad it's going to 7 games, though. I really don't care for the Avs that much, but the way SJ advanced is hot garbage so I want to see them eliminated.

I think the Stars will bring their best game tonight. They haven't played a complete game yet this series. The games they've won they played well for two periods or most of two periods and one bad period (usually the 3rd). The games they've lost have typically had one good period and the rest dominated by STL. I think you'll see max effort with their backs against the wall. You know STL will bring max effort too, but their home record this deep into the playoffs is almost more of a pattern at this point than a weird fluke. If they pucker up and squeeze their sticks too tightly again tonight like they seem to do at home their effort may get them into some trouble.

As stated, Bish is the key. I'd honestly feel fine putting Anton in goal if Bish was only 90% or less, but he's been spectacular so don't take him out of the net in his home town if he is healthy enough to go. If he lets in a soft goal I think we'll lose. If they have to earn every goal I think we win.

puckster59

I wish that one had gone about 7 OTs. 2 and a half minutes into OT is hardly going to fatigue anyone more than a regular game. That's about one extra shift for 2 or 3 lines.

Glad it's going to 7 games, though. I really don't care for the Avs that much, but the way SJ advanced is hot garbage so I want to see them eliminated.

I think the Stars will bring their best game tonight. They haven't played a complete game yet this series. The games they've won they played well for two periods or most of two periods and one bad period (usually the 3rd). The games they've lost have typically had one good period and the rest dominated by STL. I think you'll see max effort with their backs against the wall. You know STL will bring max effort too, but their home record this deep into the playoffs is almost more of a pattern at this point than a weird fluke. If they pucker up and squeeze their sticks too tightly again tonight like they seem to do at home their effort may get them into some trouble.

As stated, Bish is the key. I'd honestly feel fine putting Anton in goal if Bish was only 90% or less, but he's been spectacular so don't take him out of the net in his home town if he is healthy enough to go. If he lets in a soft goal I think we'll lose. If they have to earn every goal I think we win.
The playing a complete game thing has been an issue the whole season. They were pretty abysmal in the first period most of the season.

I hope Bishop is healthy. Hope Hintz is, too. Last I heard, he was in a walking boot after Sunday’s game. He was invisible in Game 6 (maybe already hurt?) but his jump into the top six was critical for this team even making the playoffs, let alone advancing.

Purp

The playing a complete game thing has been an issue the whole season. They were pretty abysmal in the first period most of the season.

I hope Bishop is healthy. Hope Hintz is, too. Last I heard, he was in a walking boot after Sunday’s game. He was invisible in Game 6 (maybe already hurt?) but his jump into the top six was critical for this team even making the playoffs, let alone advancing.
Hintz blocked a shot early in Game 6 square on the ankle. He left the ice for a while, but did come back. You're right, though, that he was not himself after that. We definitely need his production. I think him not being 100% affected the match-ups we were able to get.

Last edited: