• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

CardFrog

Knowing its a smaller class in 2020 and nothing is done until they sign, but assuming this all holds together, how many spots do we have left?

Eight

interesting article on medford from wholehogsports

i am trying to think the last time i saw a college football prospect who was a 5-sport athlete.

medford in the article says he plays football, was all-district in basketball, plays baseball, runs track, and plays golf for henderson. a best round of 74 is not too bad.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/mar/12/5-sport-athlete-has-hogs-top-after-visit/

played quarterback and wide receiver for henderson

30 receptions 542 yards and 6 td's
52 carries 452 yards and 6 td's
14 out of 26 throwing the ball for 232 yards and 1 td

solid offers, big frame, hasn't spent a ton of time focused on football, and the new receiver coach likes him so sounds like a good take.

Last edited:

Eight

Im still really surprised we are offering Eli Williams as a QB.

right now this doesn't project to a very deep or strong group of quarterbacks in texas this year.

card is a long time texas commit and i have been told not to be surprised if he ends up at another position in austin.

haynes king is the best pure quarterback prospect at the frogs are after him, but they want to take a quarterback each year and i don't think they want to go all or nothing or king.

seals from weatherford is interesting in the frogs have not seemed to be overly interested even though he is just down the road.

that leaves lewis out of melissa and after being projected as the guy as a sophomore he has come back to the field a bit.

williams is really raw, but he has the mobility that sonny has recently recruited in his quarterbacks, doesn't project to have to play right away, and i think they stay would take king if he would be interested in coming to tcu.

Froggish

right now this doesn't project to a very deep or strong group of quarterbacks in texas this year.

card is a long time texas commit and i have been told not to be surprised if he ends up at another position in austin.

haynes king is the best pure quarterback prospect at the frogs are after him, but they want to take a quarterback each year and i don't think they want to go all or nothing or king.

seals from weatherford is interesting in the frogs have not seemed to be overly interested even though he is just down the road.

that leaves lewis out of melissa and after being projected as the guy as a sophomore he has come back to the field a bit.

williams is really raw, but he has the mobility that sonny has recently recruited in his quarterbacks, doesn't project to have to play right away, and i think they stay would take king if he would be interested in coming to tcu.

I’ve seen him play a few times as Sapulpa is right next to Tulsa where I live...There’s a reason virtually all his offers are as a TE..I believe the only reason Okie St hasn’t offered the kid is because he really wants to be a QB. We seem to be pretty deep at QB so he may be worth taking but I truly believe we are taking an athlete with him and will let him figure out he’s not a D1 QB..

Eight

I’ve seen him play a few times as Sapulpa is right next to Tulsa where I live...There’s a reason virtually all his offers are as a TE..I believe the only reason Okie St hasn’t offered the kid is because he really wants to be a QB. We seem to be pretty deep at QB so he may be worth taking but I truly believe we are taking an athlete with him and will let him figure out he’s not a D1 QB..

i can't believe that if and when williams commits to tcu that the frogs stop recruiting haynes king and they would not take king and williams if both said they wanted to play for the frogs.

you would think in a state this size with the emphasis on throwing the football, all the camps, all the passing leagues you would have more options, but i guess this year looks to be one of those years. with that being the case i guess tcu has opted to recruit physical traits, hope he develops, and if he doesn't explore other options/ positions

Moose Stuff

i can't believe that if and when williams commits to tcu that the frogs stop recruiting haynes king and they would not take king and williams if both said they wanted to play for the frogs.

you would think in a state this size with the emphasis on throwing the football, all the camps, all the passing leagues you would have more options, but i guess this year looks to be one of those years. with that being the case i guess tcu has opted to recruit physical traits, hope he develops, and if he doesn't explore other options/ positions
Check 247 for other QB news.

Eight

Would suggest we’ve moved on from King perhaps.

maybe so and i think the staff would be smart to go through the vetting process for any transfer quarterbacks until they have a true picture of what they have at the position.

baldwin is interesting as he only had the one season as a starter at lake travis. he did post big numbers, but the track record of lake travis quarterbacks has been a bit spotty in college.

baker is obviously the high water mark and the challenge i think any quarterback will have coming out of lake travis is the rep they are system quarterbacks who are made to look better because of the level of talent surrounding them.

Raw Frog

interesting article on medford from wholehogsports

i am trying to think the last time i saw a college football prospect who was a 5-sport athlete.

medford in the article says he plays football, was all-district in basketball, plays baseball, runs track, and plays golf for henderson. a best round of 74 is not too bad.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/mar/12/5-sport-athlete-has-hogs-top-after-visit/

played quarterback and wide receiver for henderson

30 receptions 542 yards and 6 td's
52 carries 452 yards and 6 td's
14 out of 26 throwing the ball for 232 yards and 1 td

solid offers, big frame, hasn't spent a ton of time focused on football, and the new receiver coach likes him so sounds like a good take.

The article failed to mention that he played clarinet in the marching band and sold programs during halftime too.....

CryptoMiner

King appears to be headed to LSU, not sure TCU will stop recruiting him it is just that he has shown that while he is open he definitely is leaning SEC. Don't know if Aggies recent offer will sway him much.

He has had some positive visits however and he is being patient so far.

Eight

King appears to be headed to LSU, not sure TCU will stop recruiting him it is just that he has shown that while he is open he definitely is leaning SEC. Don't know if Aggies recent offer will sway him much.

He has had some positive visits however and he is being patient so far.

unfortunately between family ties and a coaching staff made up of at least half guys from or who went to college in the boot i think it is a bit of an uphill fight.

damn shame for haynes to head to the quarterback grave yard known as lsu, but tough battle to win.

Purp

Did anybody notice the tweeter letters Eli and Medford posted were identical word for word? Same grammar errors too. I wonder if they sat down together over the weekend a wrote it together.