• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Sand Frog

#1 recommendation for decreasing your house’s energy bills in the summer? Assuming your AC unit is fine.

Get good attic insulation laid down? If so, what’s that cost?

Do you have ridge vents? How old are the windows in the house? Insulation is just one part, but having good vents in the attic to let the hot air escape as well as vents on the eves and overhangs to pull in cooler air is another part. Lots of thermal loss with old windows and around doors as well.

Purp

Do you have ridge vents? How old are the windows in the house? Insulation is just one part, but having good vents in the attic to let the hot air escape as well as vents on the eves and overhangs to pull in cooler air is another part. Lots of thermal loss with old windows and around doors as well.
I was going to say windows are probably number 1 even ahead of a radiant barrier, but that probably depends on the age of the windows and the quality of insulation in the attic. Vents is another good idea, though. They make a huge difference when I go into my attic in August even for 5 minutes.

Ron Swanson

I have vents and good low E windows

Sand Frog

I have vents and good low E windows

Then radiant barrier and insulation is your next step.

I had a roof replaced on my old home due to hail. The roofer talked me into doing ridge vents vs the old school turbine vents I had. I couldn't not believe the difference!!!! I had a walk in attic for storage that you wouldn't even dare go into when it was July/August. With ridge vents it made it tolerable. Makes since that your entire roof line becomes an escape path for the hot air vs it pooling and only have a few spots to escape once I thought about it.

SnoSki

Then radiant barrier and insulation is your next step.

I had a roof replaced on my old home due to hail. The roofer talked me into doing ridge vents vs the old school turbine vents I had. I couldn't not believe the difference!!!! I had a walk in attic for storage that you wouldn't even dare go into when it was July/August. With ridge vents it made it tolerable. Makes since that your entire roof line becomes an escape path for the hot air vs it pooling and only have a few spots to escape once I thought about it.
Did the same. Ridge vents made a big difference on my old house.

WIndows are next once this new AC gets installed.

HFrog1999

Is there such a thing as good low T for anyone outside of someone transitioning?

2zzxox.jpg

tcudoc

For anyone that lives in Central Texas, my son has a concert in Waco. If you like loud rock/pop music, go see him and his band at Common Grounds Saturday night near the Baylor campus.
PM me if you think you might really go and I can give you more details.
I know the Baylor jokes are coming.

SnoSki

For anyone that lives in Central Texas, my son has a concert in Waco. If you like loud rock/pop music, go see him and his band at Common Grounds Saturday night near the Baylor campus.
PM me if you think you might really go and I can give you more details.
I know the Baylor jokes are coming.
Cool place to play! Good luck to him. They get a lot of fairly big acts rolling through there and a Saturday night gig there is a great endorsement of his music.

CG is one thing Baylor has over TCU. A legit music venue within walking distance. The Aardvark pretended to be that but it wasn’t close.