• The KillerFrogs

Well my friends

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
as I write this I am in Seton Hospital in Austin

After a long painful discussion with my oncologist this morning, she said what I knew she would say, at some point, but had hoped it would be while before I did. Basically, the drugs are no longer working, radiation could do more damage than good and they’d have to remove my frontal lobe to. Get all of the tumor, some people would never notice if they went that route.

So where does that leave me? Without many options I am afraid but I do have a few.

With my recent bout of falling, They don’t feel that I should be left alone so hospice care is one viable option and it’s being explored.

I never thought that I would ever be at a stage like this in my life but it happens. I just wish it had happened to some terrorist

That’s all for now

Love you guys

tcudoc

So sorry Wes. I am board certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine in addition to my normal day job. One of most people's biggest regrets is that they waited too late to benefit from what those teams have to offer. Many people have the feeling that it is equal to giving up. Do not fall into that trap. They can help you live life to its fullest and can ease so many burdens for you and for your family.
You are in my prayers. You have been through so much in the past year and have had to deal with a diagnosis that is one of the worst in all of medicine. You are a true TCU hero. Stay strong but rely on those who can carry some of your burden.
The entire KFC community is behind you as you deal with all of the struggles.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
So sorry Wes. I am board certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine in addition to my normal day job. One of most people's biggest regrets is that they waited too late to benefit from what those teams have to offer. Many people have the feeling that it is equal to giving up. Do not fall into that trap. They can help you live life to its fullest and can ease so many burdens for you and for your family.
You are in my prayers. You have been through so much in the past year and have had to deal with a diagnosis that is one of the worst in all of medicine. You are a true TCU hero. Stay strong but rely on those who can carry some of your burden.
The entire KFC community is behind you as you deal with all of the struggles.
Thanks my friend

froginmn

What doc said. My dad was a physician, and a damn good one. He hated to treat patients for whom treatment was likely to prolong suffering (but had to if the family was making that decision).

He was a fan of morphine where indicated. Last fall when he was suffering it was easy to request comfort care for him, knowing that's what he would want.

Use all the resources available to you and do what gives you comfort and peace.

Prayers to you and your family.

John

Last edited:

Eight

wes,

if anyone is the embodiment of james 1:12 it is surely you:

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."

you have been a true champion in how you have handled this and other challenges in your life that you have openly shared with us no matter how painful and unjust they might have been.

you are a blessing to many and the prayer i have for you each morning is God's will for you.

my wife worked in hospice care and her thoughts echo doc's.

Purp

Wes, I'm struggling for words here, which probably means I'll organize way too many of them into far too many sentences to convey the simple message that my heart breaks reading this for both you and your family.

My mom finally succumbed to the cancer at the beginning of my 3rd semester at TCU so I fully understand what your family is dealing with. There is nothing I can say to make anything hurt less, but if there is anything I can do, even if it seems stupid to me, I'll endeavor to make it happen if my obligations to my own family will allow it.

Be well, sir.

There are no words now Wes. Just love, prayers, a few laughs, a few tears. You are a model of courage and yes, your prayers have been answered in God's own inscrutable way. Your journey is the journey we all face -- looks like you're just getting there a little ahead of us!

WhatTheFrog

If you're a scuba diver at all, I'll happily go on a final dive with you. We can go to Cancun or Cozumel, whatever you want to do.

I'm sure that sounds [ Finebaum ]ty to some people on this board, but it's serious. WHEN I come down with cancer (it's pretty much a given with my family history), that's what I want to do. I've already talked to my Mexican dive contact and he will take my ashes down to place me to rest somewhere.

You're welcome to my tailgate and my extra football tickets this season, anytime. You are a trooper, and I admire how you address your situation. You, sir, are a hero. Love you, man.